Buyer cancelled order without permission?

jametto
Community Member

I sold something and the buyer send a request to cancel. He didn't bother providing an explanation so I ignored it with the full intention to wait the 4 days and leave an unpaid item strike. Yet somehow the order was cancelled without my permission? How is this possible? I am about to call ebay I am furious this buyer has ruined my sale and can cancel his own orders.

I am incredibly furious he has wiggled out of a strike. It said I need to wait 4 days to open the unpaid case yet for some reason the order was cancelled without my permission a day before this..

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

@instylecollectables wrote:

No tuck within the first hour a buyer just clicks cancel and it's done

From the link...

"If you have made your purchase within the last hour, and as long as the seller hasn't posted it yet, you can ask them to cancel your order".

The word "ask" seems like a request.

Happy to stand corrected Smiley Embarassed

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

Yes it does show that but the ask part is not necessary

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

Thank you for that.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

@instylecollectables wrote:

No tuck within the first hour a buyer just clicks cancel and it's done

From the link...

"If you have made your purchase within the last hour, and as long as the seller hasn't posted it yet, you can ask them to cancel your order".

The word "ask" seems like a request.

Happy to stand corrected Smiley Embarassed

Obviously this is what has happened to OP 

Buyer goes to cancel within the hour of winning item, even if they asked the seller which they did and OP refused but there lies the issue because a seller can't refuse a cancellation within the hour so the buyer contacts ebay and explains the issue and ebay process the cancellation.

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

It might be different for unpaid items within an hour, I'm not 100% certain, but I've always had the option to decline whether paid or not and a buyer requested cancellation usually requires seller approval - you get 3 days to respond anyway, so waiting 4 days may be the reason the cancellation went through.
Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

Yes you can accept or decline them, don't have to do either but if you don't respond the CS may cancel it if the buyer reaches out to them
Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

As I understand it, as a seller unless you have allready posted the item, and the buyer wishes to cancel the purchase within 1hr of sale, as a seller you have no say in the cancellation.

Cancel an order you made within the last hour

If you made your purchase within the last hour, and as long as the seller hasn't posted it yet, you can ask them to cancel your order. Here's how:

1. Go to Purchase history - opens in new window or tab and find the order you want to cancel.
  2. Select the More actions dropdown and select Cancel this order.
  3. Select Submit.

We'll send your request to the seller and ask them to confirm that they haven't sent the item yet. We'll then send a confirmation of cancellation to your registered email address, as well as to your Messages - opens in new window or tab.

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

If the seller has to confirm that they haven't posted yet, that sounds to me like it's not an automated thing. 

But that would still only apply to items that have been paid for.

Kinda curious to know for sure - might do a test listing for me to buy and cancel Smiley LOL 

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Kinda curious to know for sure - might do a test listing for me to buy and cancel Smiley LOL 

Well, that didn't work - had to create this spiffy new ID to be able to interact with and buy from my selling account, and I can't do a BIN without paying. Smiley LOL

I'll try an auction, I guess. 

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Did BIN with best offer and confirmed purchase that way - cancellation request on an unpaid item from the buyer's side, well within an hour of purchase:

Spoiler
cancel order.PNG

Cancellation request from the seller's side:

Spoiler
cancel order 2.PNG
Message 20 of 26
Latest reply