Buyer trying to force pickup of ebay paypal paid for sale

With all manner of threats demands, short fuse, short timetable for messaging etc.

How should I go about cancelling refunding and blocking said buyer?

In a manner that cant leave a neagtive feedback or comment or ratings.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Buyer trying to force pickup of ebay paypal paid for sale

Was the item listed as a pick up item or has the buyer paid for postage but now wants to pick up?

If he has only mentioned pickup after buying you are within your rights to insist on posting the item as it was listed.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@toysandthings12 wrote:

I have done the only thing I can do and that is refund the paypal payment.

Sending a message as such and to pay in store if still wishing to pickup.

I don't like your chances of avoiding a neg now that you've refunded, if it was without the buyers approval.

You may also get a defect for doing the refund depending on what excuse you used for the refund.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I thought it was only anchor stores that were allowed to put personal info

in their listings?

Having the store address seems to be encouraging Off-ebay sales IMO   Image result for smiley shrug animated

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

I only looked at one of your listings and it did not offer pick up and was free postage so why didn't you just post it? Presumably as many of your things are high value you send them with SOD and insurance anyway. 

If any items do have pick up then you have to accept Paypal however you can protect yourself to a certain extent by saying in the listing that anyone picking up must provide photo id with their address and then you get a  photocopy and get them to sign that they have collected the item. You can also take down details of their rego.

If the buyer then tries to get their money back you have the details to hand over to the police.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Business sellers can put their personal info in their listings. Anchor stores may be allowed to do it too but I know business sellers definitely can.
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply