Buyer wants a refund after 6 months!!!

taskiwi
Community Member

I don't sell very often but have just listed a few items.  Then I get an email (question on current listing) from a buyer who wants me to refund on an item  bought in July as they basically don't like it now. I'm gobsmacked.   Where do I stand? If I took it back now I presume I wouldn't get a refund of FVF and PP fees (about $45).

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Buyer wants a refund after 6 months!!!

Well now she will with the 180 days policy

Message 31 of 46
Latest reply

There was a post just after Paypal announced the 180 day limit from somebody who had rung Paypal and asked how it could be OK for somebody to want a refund for a second hand clothing item after six months and was told that would not happen, it is to cover items where the seller gives a warranty but then of course ignores the buyer after 45 days. I have not heard of anyone having had to refund a buyer after more than 45 days and I am sure they would be on the boards if it was happening.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 32 of 46
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

There was a post just after Paypal announced the 180 day limit from somebody who had rung Paypal and asked how it could be OK for somebody to want a refund for a second hand clothing item after six months and was told that would not happen, it is to cover items where the seller gives a warranty but then of course ignores the buyer after 45 days. I have not heard of anyone having had to refund a buyer after more than 45 days and I am sure they would be on the boards if it was happening.

The problem with that theory is that PayPal's policy explicitly states INAD coverage only applies to the item in its received state, so still doesn't back up a buyer where warranty claims are concerned. 

The policy was introduced on the 18th of November, 55 days ago - it has not yet been anywhere near long enough to get a good idea of how PayPal will handle disputes after 45 days. 125 days yet to go to even have a chance of knowing how it will work 5-6 months after a purchase.

Message 33 of 46
Latest reply

Sound like the buyer needs to pay a $1,500 adminastration fee to finish the deal. 

Message 34 of 46
Latest reply

Message 35 of 46
Latest reply

That's all you can come up with after 2 and a half years? Very helpful

Message 36 of 46
Latest reply

Have you tried lemon juice on the post, Dave?

Message 37 of 46
Latest reply

Nothing showing on my puta

Message 38 of 46
Latest reply

Except the lemon juice.      flirty3-smiley.gif

Message 39 of 46
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Nothing showing on my puta

The Orange Oil worked on mine.

And I'm not telling.

Message 40 of 46
Latest reply