Buyers INSISTING we post when our listings clearly state LOCAL PICKUP ONLY?

All of our listings have "LOCAL PICKUP ONLY 4207 Halfway between Brisbane & the Gold Coast" on them.
Not only is it INSIDE the listings, but it is included in the title of each and every listing also.
I have one particular buyer who is INSISTING that she "Doesn't understand why I won't post".....
I am completely exasperated!! Smiley Mad
I have explained it to her nicely.  I have sent a cancellation based on 'buyer requested shipping to a country I dont'post to", but I suspect she won't agree to it.
If she decides to go and leave negative feedback - what can I do about it?

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

but it's their choice how they want to sell. So if that decision works for them, who are we to judge?

Maybe the OP can't get to a post office. Maybe it's a protest about the Aus Post prices. Just maybe, they don't want the hassle of the problems of post and being at the mercy of anonymous buyers.

with opick up only, they may feel they have more control over the transaction and can make sure their buyers are really happy before leaving, so no ongoing probl;ems - I can see merit in that.

maybe that peace of mind is worth the sales they miss out on?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 48
Latest reply

A dolphin lion-pig for me! I've already put my name down with the reincarnation bureau.

View solution in original post

Message 47 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

ring eBay via customer support. top right of your screen.

Message 2 of 48
Latest reply

Thanks Crikey.... I will do that in the morning ๐Ÿ™‚
I've never rung them before, but there's a first time for everything right? lol
Message 3 of 48
Latest reply

Best of luck with it and there is an option in there for them to ring you in most options, so play around until you find one, They usually ring you back within two or three minutes.

Message 4 of 48
Latest reply

I really can't understand why you will not post, I can't see anything you have sold recently that wouldn't be very easy to send and the likelyhood of you finding enough people within driving distance who want to buy your items must be extremely limited.

If you use click & send then postage is extremely easy and if you cannot get to a PO then for a fairly small extra fee you can get the parcels picked up from your home.

As you asked for a mutual cancellation it is unlikely you will get your FVF back or the neg removed.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 48
Latest reply

Got to agree with pj here. You must limiting yourself to available buyers out there simply because you wont post a book or shoes. Not smart ebay business.

Message 6 of 48
Latest reply

but it's their choice how they want to sell. So if that decision works for them, who are we to judge?

Maybe the OP can't get to a post office. Maybe it's a protest about the Aus Post prices. Just maybe, they don't want the hassle of the problems of post and being at the mercy of anonymous buyers.

with opick up only, they may feel they have more control over the transaction and can make sure their buyers are really happy before leaving, so no ongoing probl;ems - I can see merit in that.

maybe that peace of mind is worth the sales they miss out on?

Message 7 of 48
Latest reply

No paypal protection on pick up, though

Message 8 of 48
Latest reply

does a seller need it?

the buyers can choose not to buy. on the internet, it's a lot easier for them not to buy then it is for a seller to choose who they will sell to iykwim.

I dunno, it doesn't make sense to me, but it obviously suits the OP, and as they're not hurting me, not my issue or place to pass judgement on their decisions iykwim. as long as they are getting out of it what they need, what's it matter?

Message 9 of 48
Latest reply

Have spoken to an Ebay rep this morning, who confirmed that we have made it exceptionally clear that we do not post, and advised that if there was any neg feedback left because of it, they would not hesitate to remove it.
Thanks for your help Crikey! I really appreciate it.

Message 10 of 48
Latest reply