Can I sell my ebay store?

Does anybody know if I can sell my ebay store?

I have tried ringing customer service and the twit on the other end of the phone says he "thinks" I can.

Has anybody done this?

or enquired about doing this?

Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Re: Can I sell my ebay store?

Don't want to get involved - but how about a truce folks!

If you search for ebay business's for sale - there are several, so presumably people are unaware of any rules or restrictions and ebay don't appear to remove the listings !

Just saying . . . . . . . .

41914339[1].jpg

Message 81 of 88
Latest reply

I don't think I've ever seen anything more childish on these forums. Funny how some are happy to give it, but can't take it. Give it a rest. Sheesh.

Message 82 of 88
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

Funny how some are happy to give it, but can't take it. Give it a rest. Sheesh.

I am quite happy, but agree DG does not appear so happy and good to see that you agree with me that it should be given a rest. 

Message 83 of 88
Latest reply

Or the obvious, they have been given approval, lol
Message 84 of 88
Latest reply

sounds like you have to die to transfer ownership. can it be willed to someone i wonder.
Message 85 of 88
Latest reply

Some years ago a long time and well respected member died and ebay gave his son permission to take over his account.

It is the only time I have heard of that happening and it was made plain at the time that it was a one time occurance only.

Message 86 of 88
Latest reply

@spectralmedia wrote:
sounds like you have to die to transfer ownership. can it be willed to someone i wonder.

About a week after what was formerly the last post in this thread, Tim Davies posted on his Facebook account a message warning people who were looking at buying eBay businesses, stating that a simple account name change is not recognised by eBay as a change of ownership and that it will still be linked to any other accounts the original account holder has (so if you buy an eBay business from someone and take over their account, then they stuff up and get permanently banned on a completely different account, the one you took over gets banned as well, no matter what). 

He did, however, confirm that approval of account transfers can be requested and granted by eBay (and at the time, also invited people to contact him for assistance in seeking said approval), but that is the only way it can be done. (Tim Davies' credentials can be easily checked, and his Facebook profile is public).

I wasn't going to drag this thread up again back then (for any reason Smiley LOL ), but it may as well have the correct and confirmed info now.

Message 87 of 88
Latest reply

Thanks for posting the information Digi.....and I well understand your reluctance to resurrect the thread at the time.Smiley Frustrated

Message 88 of 88
Latest reply