Can buyer return the item after almost 2 months?

Hi, I sold my camera last August and the buyer received it last August 12 or 14, now it's October 2 and the buyer got a problem with the camera and I've never ever experienced something like that when I had it. Can he/she still able to return it?
Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Can buyer return the item after almost 2 months?

Hi, sorry that first one that I posted is wrong, I wrote that before I found out that it's the first buyer and not the second buyer
Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Just to update you guys about this, we opened a case in PayPal and the buyer said, not as described the sim tray is broken and the camera stopped working.

And this is what I said to paypal

Dear PayPal,
I got two Lumix CM1 Smartphone/camera then I sold it both. The first Lumix I sold was back on 12th of August this year, the second lumix was bought by a buyer from Hong Kong last 14th of September. The Lumix that I sold from HK has an issue regarding with the sim tray because I can't pull it out I have a photo of it that it is broken and I put it in the description as well. The HK buyer received it last 21th of September. Now I received a message regarding of the Lumix just today (2nd of October 2017) I thought it was the buyer from HK that's why I said I never had an issue with the Lumix he got the only problem is the sim tray. Then little too late when I found out that the first buyer of my first Lumix is the one who wants to return it and not the HK buyer.The first buyer name imjiapengcheng wants to return the first Lumix because he said he's having an issue with the camera, there's an error every time he open the camera. I said I've never encounter such an error like that before even on my second Lumix.Now that I thought that his Lumix is the one that has a broken tray now he's saying he has a broken sim tray as well even it doesn't.imjiapengcheng received the Lumix last 16th of August and never send me a message regarding the sim tray problem or the error from the camera that he's telling me.Actually he gave me a positive feedback in eBay so I thought he likes the item. Now after over 1 and half month, he's having an issue about the item and that is unbelievable. If he had a problem with it why he didn't tell me right away. As an honest seller this is really unfair for me and makes me so upset.I hope Paypal can help me to resolve this problem thank you in advance and have a nice day!

I hope paypal will be on my side because this buyer is a hell of scammer
Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

I think you confused the issue talking about 2 different cameras.

It was a long and unnecessary message.   I'm certainly confused.

Hope Paypal know what you're talking about.    Good luck.

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

Sorry if I confused you because I have to tell them that I sold 2 lumix because I accidentally message this buyer that his lumix is good except the sim tray, then I found out that's not the lumix that has a broken sim tray. It's the lumix bought by someone from HK that has a broken sim tray. I tried my best to explain my side to paypal even its too long I know but I hope they understand, sorry again for confusion
Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

That was one long winded and very confusing message. I will be very surprised if PayPal find in your favour because the message will completely confuse them too. Did you even read over the message before sending it? Most of it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

You didn't need to tell them about both. All you needed to tell them was that you sold this item on X date. The buyer left positive feedback saying they were happy with the item. Now they have opened a dispute 2 months later saying the item is not as described. The item must have been working when they received it, so it was as described when they recieved it. They have been using the item for 2 months and you have no idea how it has been treated in that time, so it's possible that the buyer has broken something them self.

See, no mention of the other one. There is no need to mention the other one as it had absolutely no connection with this one. All you have probably done is made it worse for youself by saying the other one had this issue that this other buyer is now complaining about. It could easily show PayPal that you have sent another broken item, only this time you didn't mention it.

I would RING PayPal and TRY to explain to them over the phone about the item in question. DO NOT mention the other identical item as it has nothing to do with this dispute.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

or they have had it since delivery and only just used it to find out it deosnt work?

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

I have a buyer asking for return/refund stating he simply didn't like the MacBook Pro 2019 I sold to him after having it for 3 weeks. I rejected it. 35 days later, he lodged a dispute saying there was screen damage and the item does not match the description. 😀 not sure what will happen but I will post my experience in a follow-up. 

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

Why not begin a new thread on this - rather than drag up an old one. ??

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

This thread is 6 years old. It’s been mouldering away in genteel decay, until your post disinterred it from its grace in Old Posts Cemetery. (Last posted on 28-03-2013.)

A moderator will probably lock this thread due to its age, but you are probably going to need a little guidance with that situation of the buyer trying to claim a refund with SNAD after having the item already for weeks. Start a new thread and we can help. (I won’t post anything here in regards to your situation because of the thread probably being locked imminently.)

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

This thread is locked because of its age.

Please feel free to start a new thread covering the subject.

Thanks everyone

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply