Changing over to a store

This may be a stupid question, but I am considering changing over to a basic store to get slightly better FVF fees. What happens to your current listings when doing so? Most of my listings now are BIN with Make an offer on them, when I move over do they automatically become fixed price, or do I have to manually edit?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Changing over to a store

I believe they will stay the same, but I've had a store since I started selling so I could be wrong.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

They stay the same but you won't get the reduced fvf until they are relisted after opening the store. You could end them, open the store and then relist them.
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice both of you! I was just curious how it changes over; all my listings are generally BIN with Make an Offer, but with stores it is either BIN or Auctions unless you want to pay on top to add the features. I was curious how you transition over.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

BIN IS fixed price.  Your listings will stay in the format they are in.  If you have any auction listings and have them on autorelist, when they relist you will be charged a $1.50 listing fee for each of them because store free listings do not include auctions except for collectible items.  Adding Make an offer does not cost anything, and you can list in any format in a store, BIN, Auction, or BIN with MAO,but only BIN listings and auctions in the collectibles category are eligible for free listings.  A basic store will give you 200 free lstings and after that you pay 50c for each additional BIN listing.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Basic store is 400 listings until October

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Make sure you do the maths FIRST - I thought I'd be better off cost wise with a store but not the case at all. There is somewhere on here that you can type in your figures (ie average items listed/value of items sold approx each month etc) and it actually gives you a result of your best option.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

BIN IS fixed price.  Your listings will stay in the format they are in.  If you have any auction listings and have them on autorelist, when they relist you will be charged a $1.50 listing fee for each of them because store free listings do not include auctions except for collectible items.  Adding Make an offer does not cost anything, and you can list in any format in a store, BIN, Auction, or BIN with MAO,but only BIN listings and auctions in the collectibles category are eligible for free listings.  A basic store will give you 200 free lstings and after that you pay 50c for each additional BIN listing.

Thanks Penny, yes I meant the MAO component of my current listings and how does that transfer over once you go to a basic store. All my listings have MAO but as I understood it, a store has 200 (apart from currently it seems) fixed price listings,, and that to add MAO there is a fee involved?

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@heapsa_bargains wrote:

Make sure you do the maths FIRST - I thought I'd be better off cost wise with a store but not the case at all. There is somewhere on here that you can type in your figures (ie average items listed/value of items sold approx each month etc) and it actually gives you a result of your best option.

Yes, thanks for that. To be honest it will possibly be about the same. On good sales months it will be worth it due to less FVF's. For me the weigh up is about MAO; I have MAO on most of my listings, which I have found helps a little to weed out buyers that I don't really want to deal with, as it allows me to check their fb if they make an offer. Admittedly it means I price my items a little higher and often probably lose out to those buyers who do not like to make offers? I may just stick rather than twist, I was giving it major consideration until the 1000 free listing recently, which helped me to put off the decision.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

MAO is not charged for in a store. Just like a non-store.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply