Click & Collect Woolworths Ambiguous

It's now 3 sales where I've filed an unpaid item claim only to get a message from the buyer thinking they can pay for the item at Woolworths when they collect their item - pay on pickup.

I know you can't make every system foolproof but there must be a way to inform buyers they can't pay on pickup.

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Click & Collect Woolworths Ambiguous

If there is any potential confusion (which I think there is) it is quite easy to overcome by making buyers pay straight away, there is a setting to do it.

No doubt the next stage would be to make payment in store. I have no idea what this thread is about ,the pickup from the store that sells the item, or the postage thing that gets collected from the store? and why can't I pay for it in store?

Apart from getting customers in the door of a shop what else are they in it for? I don't see the point of it really, can't you just go to the post office to collect parcels, will it really save anything (for the postal items)? Maybe Australia Post can't handle the pressure of delivering a few more parcels and essentially contract everything out like they already do, which is story saved for another day.

Message 41 of 51
Latest reply

damn, start of a new page....

Message 42 of 51
Latest reply

Depends on your settings  -  I have 50 per page    pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

I think Woolies vs PO is -  Woolies is open longer hours

for the working mug person

Message 43 of 51
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

If there is any potential confusion (which I think there is) it is quite easy to overcome by making buyers pay straight away, there is a setting to do it.

No doubt the next stage would be to make payment in store. I have no idea what this thread is about ,the pickup from the store that sells the item, or the postage thing that gets collected from the store? and why can't I pay for it in store?

Apart from getting customers in the door of a shop what else are they in it for? I don't see the point of it really, can't you just go to the post office to collect parcels, will it really save anything (for the postal items)? Maybe Australia Post can't handle the pressure of delivering a few more parcels and essentially contract everything out like they already do, which is story saved for another day.

Not everyone can get to the PO due to their work hours. Not everyone gets an hour for lunch and not everyone can leave their workplace in their lunch break. Big W and Woollies are open 7 days a week for far longer hours than the PO. It means someone can pick up their parcel at 9pm when they go to do their shopping on their way home from work.

I would never use it, but I know a few people who it would be benficial for. They work 7.30am to 6pm each day and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays. They get half an hour for lunch and their work place is too far away from the PO to be able to leave and go to pick up a parcel. A couple aren't allowed to leave their work place.

Message 44 of 51
Latest reply

Yes the system is confusing, I had a buyer this week purchase 2 books, they advised me they needed to pick up preferable on Friday for a birthday party on Sunday they purchased Tuesday night and were paying via bank deposit.  They did think that had to pay before hand but did not realise that I had to post, I advised that there was very little chance of Australia Post delivering on Friday as I'm in another state, anyway I rang and told him how it works, he ended up paying via Courier which was still only a 50% chance of getting there in time, we were with the same bank so payment was there on Wed, I sent via Fastway and he received on Friday.

Message 45 of 51
Latest reply

Thank you I really get your point on this one. To me it seems absurd and taking more time to get to the destination too.

And I also agree with the buyer having a lend too. They know they have to pay you first. Or they will not be covered by Paypal if use that other method.
Message 46 of 51
Latest reply

I've had many buyers get their own address wrong, so no doubt the click and collect would confuse the hell out of them!
Message 47 of 51
Latest reply

@saarzi wrote:

"Cash on pick up" - clearly written right near  "click and collect at Woolworths / Big W", in all (?) your listings.

What else would that mean to a buyer, other than paying cash on pick up?

Its not the click and collect program thats the problem, its the ambiguity in your listings. Remove it, and I bet you stop having problems. 

Would it not make sense to make a few little changes so a seller can offer both. Basically these are 2 ebay payment methods why do they not make it clear to a buyer they will need to pay before an item is sent? A start would be remove the words 'In Stock; when you search for a store and add a simple note making sure the buyer is aware payment will be required/

As seller we have no control over how these payment methods work it should be down to Ebay to make it clear to buyers who do not take the time to find out. 

Message 48 of 51
Latest reply

Click & Collect is still available @ The Good Guys, however you pick up in your chosen good Guys store..

Message 49 of 51
Latest reply

@georgiag416 wrote:

@Click & Collect is still available @ The Good Guys, however you pick up in your chosen good Guys store..

What's that got to do with Woolworths Click & Collect? They are completely different.

Message 50 of 51
Latest reply