Coin collection to sell - after some selling/postage tips

I want to start offloading a big coin collection we inherited, I was thinking it was best to start with some of the smaller items (eg $1/$5 uncirculated coins in packets).  I believe I should start small to build up a good reputation for when I want to start selling the more valuable items.    Ive been watching prices so have a good idea what they are going for.  I would like to ask - firstly re postage - do most coin sellers send these smaller coins (they are in small flat wallets) in jsut a normal envelope - given I see postage is either free or around $3?  For these type of items is it best to list as a Buy It now, best offer or Auction?  From what I can see a $1 is going for around $3-$5 or more depending on what it is, a $5 coin selling  up to around $12. I have multiples of some of these coins - is it best to sell individually and give the buyer the option of multi postage?

thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Coin collection to sell - after some selling/postage tips

Geez I hope you start getting some feedback from those buyers to build up your seller status so as to shorten your 21 day hold on your funds.

Message 31 of 36
Latest reply

LOL - what are you after and I will see if I have it!!!
Message 32 of 36
Latest reply

I know!!! I will have to chase them up
Message 33 of 36
Latest reply

@baf65 wrote:

Don't ever chase buyers for feedback. A lot of buyers don't like it when sellers drop the heavies on them to leave feedback, so will neg you for your efforts. Best to let them leave it if they want to. After all, feedback is voluntary.

Message 34 of 36
Latest reply

@baf65 wrote:

I'd suggest not leaving feedback for the buyers until they have left it for you.

After all, if you're sending things untracked, how do you know they've received them.

Things might go pear-shaped.

Buyers also like to get feedback, so if they get it first, they usually don't bother reciprocating.

Message 35 of 36
Latest reply

Okay thanks for that, guess I will just have to hope they leave feedback!

Message 36 of 36
Latest reply