Coin collection to sell - after some selling/postage tips

I want to start offloading a big coin collection we inherited, I was thinking it was best to start with some of the smaller items (eg $1/$5 uncirculated coins in packets).  I believe I should start small to build up a good reputation for when I want to start selling the more valuable items.    Ive been watching prices so have a good idea what they are going for.  I would like to ask - firstly re postage - do most coin sellers send these smaller coins (they are in small flat wallets) in jsut a normal envelope - given I see postage is either free or around $3?  For these type of items is it best to list as a Buy It now, best offer or Auction?  From what I can see a $1 is going for around $3-$5 or more depending on what it is, a $5 coin selling  up to around $12. I have multiples of some of these coins - is it best to sell individually and give the buyer the option of multi postage?

thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

There's a promotion for new sellers (those whose accounts have never sold anything)

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/103813?_trkparms=%26clkid%3D656335186068720504

Jusr FYI

Message 21 of 36
Latest reply

As a matter of interest Australia Post have been trialling a 1kg trackable prepaid envelope since October. Cost $5.25 for one, multiple purchases of ten work out at around $5 each.  Extra cover can be bought for these trackable envelopes.  Made of heavy cardboard, size is the same as their prepaid A4 envelope.  Max weight 500g.  Max thickness 20mm. Trial was to runot sure (and I hope they do) if they have decided to make them a permanent feature yet. They were only available at a selected number of POs.

As well after reading a recent post for anything of value insurance cover is vital.

Message 22 of 36
Latest reply

Thanks for the reminder, I see I have got that offer just need to activate it, so might do that after I see how my small cheap listings go so far!
Message 23 of 36
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice, have let my other half know for when we do our tax return!
Message 24 of 36
Latest reply

Thank you!
Message 25 of 36
Latest reply

You have Make an Offer enabled.

Was that deliberate or did ebay foist it on you?

You may get ridiculous offers.

Message 26 of 36
Latest reply

I did click on make an offer - but put in 'auto decline' price , just trialling at the moment !!
Message 27 of 36
Latest reply

Don't mean to put a downer on the coins you're selling but the coins that you have decided to sell first up IMO aren't popular enough to get a sale.

I'd be selling coins that are selling well at the moment if you have any of them to sell?

And I'd probably be running auctions instead of BIN to start off with.

This is just my opinion and no one needs to follow it at all seriously not at all.

Message 28 of 36
Latest reply

Thanks for the feedback, to be honest I was really just getting the listing up and running, have sold one lot now at least!! Now school is gone back I have a bit more time to work on some more !
Message 29 of 36
Latest reply

Getting better but I'm still waiting for what I'd buy so keep it going.

Message 30 of 36
Latest reply