DSR defects The system sucks

I've recently received 2 DSR defects for Item Not Received On both ocassions opening the dispute was the first contact I've had from the buyer (automaticallty giving me an instant defect)

On both ocassions it was Australia Post being slow with delivery and not delivering ( in the first instance)

One case is still open but the other I refunded the buyer (for Australia Post's ineptitute)

Whatever the outcome of the 2nd I'm still left with 2 defects

How can a system that penalises a seller for something beyond his/her control be fair?

Shouldn't a buyer have to contact the seller FIRST before opening a dispute (at lease giving the seller a chance to explain/remedy the situation)

This is out-of-control eBay! It makes me honestly not want to care anymore-when in the past I've strived to keep 100% feedback & buyer satisfaction

If by doing the right thing still earns you defects why should I bother?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: DSR defects The system sucks

You sure are not Robinson Crusoe there.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@rocket2retro wrote:

I've recently received 2 DSR defects for Item Not Received On both ocassions opening the dispute was the first contact I've had from the buyer (automaticallty giving me an instant defect)

On both ocassions it was Australia Post being slow with delivery and not delivering ( in the first instance)

One case is still open but the other I refunded the buyer (for Australia Post's ineptitute)

Whatever the outcome of the 2nd I'm still left with 2 defects

How can a system that penalises a seller for something beyond his/her control be fair?

Shouldn't a buyer have to contact the seller FIRST before opening a dispute (at lease giving the seller a chance to explain/remedy the situation)

This is out-of-control eBay! It makes me honestly not want to care anymore-when in the past I've strived to keep 100% feedback & buyer satisfaction

If by doing the right thing still earns you defects why should I bother?

as clarry mentioned, You ain't alone of this one rocket. It has to be the worst idea yet !!!  It has no good points about it. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

There's only one I can think of - my dodgy competitors who are selling cheap, nasty, chinese copies but stealing photographs will slowly (or not so slowly) be bumped. Smiley Very Happy

But sadly, someone like myself who sells genuine, quality items, provides excellent customer service and will bend over backwards and sidewarys to help a customer, will probaby also be bumped.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply