EBay Hubbed Return Tracking Issue

I accepted a return. Paid the return postage via eBay’s suggestion to use their return postage, which I didn’t realise was through Hubbed, thought it was Aust Post (yes my fault for not reading up on ebay return postage, but all I got was a tracking number, nothing saying it was via Hubbed)

Buyer lodged the return parcel on 19/4/2024. 

Just received an email from eBay saying this parcel “should have been delivered by now” and I have until 3/5/2024 to refund, if I don’t refund by 3/5 eBay will refund the buyer.

Once i worked out the parcel is sent back via Hubbed, I checked the tracking on their website. Item has not been delivered, nor has there been any tracking updates since buyer lodged the parcel. I’m more than happy to send the refund when I get the item back but for eBay to just assume it’s been delivered is ridiculous.

Surely the return system has some point where it can automatically check the tracking before telling a seller to refund a buyer - because it should have been delivered.

First and last time I will use this Hubbed return postage given there has not been any updates. Why ebay bring these companies on board that are poor performers I’ll never know. Like Sendle and Couriers Please- other extremely poor performers!

That aside, I also find it ludicrous that if a buyer raises a SNAD dispute, they get 3 weeks to return an item once the return is accepted yet a seller has only 3 days to respond to a dispute. I accepted a return the next day 16/4/24. EBay then gives the buyer until 7 May to return the item. Previously a buyer had 7 days to return an item. Now it’s 3 weeks. IMG_8367.jpegIMG_8366.jpeg

So I queried this with eBay support,  their response was almost laughable. “Well , you know the buyer might be busy with shopping or work and things like that so we give them extra time,”

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Was the return initiated through the Returns Hub? If so could you post to the Hub a screen shot of the Track Package above that shows the parcel has not been delivered. Then get on to Live Chat and direct them to the Return Hub so they can see that you have not received the return. Apologies if you have already tried that.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks for that will give that a try. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply