Ebay Policy selling global

Can anyone help me please

Trying to find the Ebay policy regarding global terms and conditions for the seller at Ebay.com.au

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Or if you are selling Internationally for the first time you may need to agree to this.

https://scgi.ebay.com.au/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?UserAgreement&agrid=7&aid=1&isemail=1

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Or if you are selling Internationally for the first time you may need to agree to this.

https://scgi.ebay.com.au/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?UserAgreement&agrid=7&aid=1&isemail=1

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

No help but i will explain

Listed an item on Ebay .com.au

Sold an item to the USA

buyer receives item 

deceides not what they want

wants to return item

My policy states no return for change of mind

Us policy states can return

looked for this polcy on Ebay,does not exist

have spoken to at least 10 different ebays reps in Australia and USA and states that its an internal policy only

so if i sell outside Australia i do not have the rights that we have in Australia law and are subject to the country that buys my item.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I have many items but first time a problem has arisen,thank you for opening my eyes to the cross border agreement
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Kopes seems to have it covered in his link -

EBAY BUYER PROTECTION POLICY.ร‚  For items sold to buyers on eBay sites other than your eBay site of registration ร‚ and that have eBay Buyer Protection policies, you agree to be bound by those other eBay sitesรขโ‚ฌโ„ข respective eBay Buyer Protection policies, which may be different from the eBay Buyer Protection policy (if any) on your own eBay site of registration.ร‚ 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

It's a funny thing though.

If we, in Australia sell to a buyer from another country, they are still protected.

But if we buy from the USA site and have a problem, we are told BL, you are bound by the protection policies on the USA site.

Seems USA want it both ways for themselves.

image host
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

It's basically because the polices of the buyer's country apply, no matter where the seller is - for example, in Aus, we don't have a right to change of mind returns (unless the seller offers them, then it is a right subject to any conditions the seller has stipulated), so we can't force a COM return if we buy something from overseas and the seller doesn't accept them.

In the EU, not only is change of mind returns a right, they are entitled to a full refund of the initial payment, including postage, so if an EU buyer purchases something from me on eBay and opens a COM request, I won't be able to refuse, or refund them item price only. When an Australian buyer opens a COM request, then eBay calculate the refund at item price only. 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I just seem to remember many buyers coming here over the years to be told by the USA site, sorry but the USA site rules apply if you buy on that site.

Maybe they have made protection rules more compatible recently across the different sites..

image host
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply