Ebay charging fees including postage

How does Ebay allowed to charge a final fees which include the postage - I would have thought that the postage cost was only the seller and Australia post - how do they get away with it - loophole in the system may be
Message 1 of 95
Latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: Ebay charging fees including postage

Good to see you're on the ball, as this is a recent eBay initiative. It only started in 2014, so it is understandable that people wouldn't know about it.

Message 81 of 95
Latest reply

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 82 of 95
Latest reply

Why would these Go-getters bother with that minor detail.   Much easier to drag up old threads amd have a **bleep** about it. 

Obviously our xmas wish for closed OLD threads fell on deaf ears - again

Message 83 of 95
Latest reply

@daydreams_12 wrote:

Obviously our xmas wish for closed OLD threads fell on deaf ears - again

If they were to make it harder to move threads instead of closing them it'd be done in a flash daydreams......original.gif

...........or structure the DB's the same as the AC where the new posts don't appear at the top of the pile, and only those that have responded previously get notifications of new posts............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 84 of 95
Latest reply

Im just starting to see this now myself!

Im not sure what to do, AUS is a big place, I assumed that it will calculate the shipping based on location and it would be different for all buyers. This is why i dont hose a flat rate. (if i say flat rate of $10.50, surely if someone in WA buys it it will cost more)
and yeah, up to this point I have been paying for satchels, anti static bags and bubble wrap. ~$2 per item

I also noticed reciently that even though I select the $10.50 satchel and signature option and the buyer also selects it, when i print it it says $11.75. 

Also. the fees are BS! (11% +postage fee, +paypal fee !!!!!!) 
I was charged $500 last month just from ebay for a total 60 day sale of $4,200. except $1600 of that was never paid for,
there is no break down of fees. deliberatly hard to follow.

Gumtree and FB market place is a far better experience, the problem is you dont get as much expossure.

Message 85 of 95
Latest reply

@dugass69 wrote:

Im just starting to see this now myself!

Im not sure what to do, AUS is a big place, I assumed that it will calculate the shipping based on location and it would be different for all buyers. This is why i dont hose a flat rate. (if i say flat rate of $10.50, surely if someone in WA buys it it will cost more)
and yeah, up to this point I have been paying for satchels, anti static bags and bubble wrap. ~$2 per item

I also noticed reciently that even though I select the $10.50 satchel and signature option and the buyer also selects it, when i print it it says $11.75. 

Also. the fees are BS! (11% +postage fee, +paypal fee !!!!!!) 
I was charged $500 last month just from ebay for a total 60 day sale of $4,200. except $1600 of that was never paid for,
there is no break down of fees. deliberatly hard to follow.

Gumtree and FB market place is a far better experience, the problem is you dont get as much expossure.

If you didn't open an close an unpaid item dispute, then you won't get your fees back. If it's less than 30 days since the sale, open a dispute now. If it's more than 30, but less than 60 days, do a cancellation. EBay doesn't know it hasn't been paid for. That's what the disputes are for.

Message 86 of 95
Latest reply

Also Australia Post has flat rate postage to anywhere in Australia.

https://auspost.com.au/flat-rate-sending

Message 87 of 95
Latest reply

I agree with you, My husband pays for his postage, and they still take the postage out, My husband has free postage, and he prints his own label out It is a rip off  And eBay still took postage out. What is wrong with printing our own labels, we should not have to pay so much for postage when it cost us less to post our items our selves  eBay has made a deal with Australian post.

Cherie anne
Message 88 of 95
Latest reply

eBay only charge for postage if you use their label service. They do, however, charge fees on the total transaction, including any separate postage component, and have done so for at least SEVEN years, which is how long since this thread was started.

Message 89 of 95
Latest reply

This is stupid when I selected the appropriate postage, then the fee gouged the entire price of the item and more. I ended up having to pay 5 dollars for the entire transaction. I should have just thrown it in the bin.

Message 90 of 95
Latest reply