Ebay code on address' for UK sales?

anyone know the reason for the Ebay code on UK sales

'GB 365 6086 76 Code: Paid'? 

my items are mostly letter sized - I have been including the code on address' but wondering if I need to and what it's for? 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@anniesvintageemporium wrote:

I thought that may be the case - however, on US orders I can see where the customer has paid duty - (they pay extra on top of sale price) UK sales there is no extra charged ... so they're not being charged VAT - am popping it on address anyway, it may be because my items are below a certain value

No, they would be, there's not threshold anymore so it applies to all orders unless they are over GBP 135 (in that case, VAT & duties are collected once the package arrives over there). No idea why you wouldn't be seeing the VAT, but presumably that at least means you're not paying FVF on it like can occur on some marketplaces. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

On the 1st of January, the UK implemented a similar system to ours for imported goods and taxes - your buyer would have paid VAT on the purchase from you (collected by eBay), so this is to indicate to customs that the item was sold via an OMP and that VAT was already paid. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

But they still get slugged duty if its applicable

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I thought that may be the case - however, on US orders I can see where the customer has paid duty - (they pay extra on top of sale price) UK sales there is no extra charged ... so they're not being charged VAT - am popping it on address anyway, it may be because my items are below a certain value

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@anniesvintageemporium wrote:

No, they would be, there's not threshold anymore so it applies to all orders unless they are over GBP 135 (in that case, VAT & duties are collected once the package arrives over there). No idea why you wouldn't be seeing the VAT, but presumably that at least means you're not paying FVF on it like can occur on some marketplaces. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

All Grubberments are a disgrace to humanity. We need to resist them.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply