Ebay postage label tracking not updating

About 5 days ago I sold 2 items and printed out a label via ebay for the 500g ebay satchel. This then the tracking number ebay has given me has not updated at all, just wondering if this is normal.
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Ebay postage label tracking not updating

Did you lodge the packages over the counter at a PO?
You need to go onto the AP tracking site and enter the number to get the updates.

https://auspost.com.au/

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

They should show as in progress of you got them logged in at the PO but very often nothing else gets updated until after delivery. I*t is one reason I never check the tracking on items I have sold unless a buyer contacts me and asks where their item is.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Updating the tracking seems very much to depend on your mailing centre.    For instance, if I put my items in a red box for posting - they are always scanned in at Underwood Mailing Centre in the first instance.

However, other posters have said that in other areas, the parcel may not be scanned until it is at the destination and marked for delivery.

You have not told us whether you used a red box or went to the PO?

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

As a dligient regular seller, I check many items tracking to gauge if a custeomers experience is being let down by Australia Posts delays.

As a buyer I check the progress of parcels on a more regular basis so that I do not have wasted trips to my P O Box.

I can honestly state after monitoring the tracking of hundreds of parcels coming from all over Australia in the past couple of years that it is a very rare exception when I have a parcel that does not have at least one scan one in the system prior to being delivered. 

Australia Post's system pretty much updates in real time in metro areas so best to go directly to the Aust Post website to check tracking, and this information comes into the eBay system at a delayed rate.

I am going to assume that you are relying on eBay tracking, so my advice is to check the Aust Post tracking web page as others have suggested.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies, for the people asking I posted it in a red box
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

As you did not lodge it over the counter to be scanned as accepted by AP all you can hope for is they scan it on delivery or you have no proof of postage.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@tcg_cards_au1 wrote:
About 5 days ago I sold 2 items and printed out a label via ebay for the 500g ebay satchel. This then the tracking number ebay has given me has not updated at all, just wondering if this is normal.

It is normal if you posted it in a red box rather than over the counter.

It will not update until it is scanned somewhere on the journey to it's destination.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@*sparklz* wrote:

Did you lodge the packages over the counter at a PO?
You need to go onto the AP tracking site and enter the number to get the updates.

https://auspost.com.au/

If you're in the sold (or purchases) section of ebay and you click on the tracking number, and then click on it again in the little window that opens, you end up on Aust Post's tracking page for that item - no need to go to Aust Post's webpage separately and type in tracking numbers.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

If you register for My Post (it's free), you get a card that you can get scanned each time you hand an item over the counter (which you should do if possible due to the postage defects). If you install the Aust Post app on your phone, you can set it up to get a notification each time there is a tracking event. I find when I post a parcel, by the time I walk out the door and into my car, the tracking number is already available in the app. If I forget my card, I can manually add the tracking number.

You can also give the PO the buyers email address and they'll get an email with the tracking events as they happen. I find it gives buyers peace of mind that their item is on the way.

If you don't want to manually check each tracking number, you can open the app and they're all there together. I rename each tracking number with the buyers username and the ETA so I can see at a glance who owns which tracking number.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply