Ebay red flag to update acct. to get paid

This flag appears ad nauseum no matter how many times I upload what Ebay requests. Ebay does not clarify what is still needed and why its request is not satisfied. Ebay is holding up deposit on paid funds--stalemate situation. Is there a biological brain at work within Ebay to respond to this time-sensitive matter? Maybe I should check up on listing with Etsy or Amazon, which I abhor. 

Anyone have a similar situation and how long Ebay took to address this issue, or any issue?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Ebay red flag to update acct. to get paid

Hi, I am really consoled by a community-input scheme. Still ambivalent about something, so here goes for a recap and add-ons. . . .

1.  No, didn't receive notification to sell first; just created post. 

2.  I uploaded passport and tried to upload two views: only one allowed. So, as details on full view might not have enabled clear details, I completed form again after flag returned. I uploaded a detailed close-up pic of half the passport full view. Red flag kept returning on the ID portion of submission. So, I don't know if two uploads are now with Ebay, or still an either or and details unclear.   No closure on this phase and no answers rec'd nor person in flesh to help.

Funds withholding:

I should think on a first-seller event: a successful communication, careful mailout and response that expressed box rec'd would satisfy Ebay.  I suggest Ebay consider  amending it's proceeds-hold policy to release funds if a success has been proven, especially if longtime buyer record is very positive.  

In answer to another cmmunity-responder, there is a personal deadline for sale receipts that cannot be fulfilled in time due to Ebay's 'hold' protocol.

Re: Account requirement clarification needed:

Seller instructions to say that an submission of proof of bank aba and account no. required. But as I missed the sequence for doing so and proof now ready for upload, where is that portal to do so?  That might also be weighing in as a block.

Sending off to you now...

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I worry about the held money; would deleting and later re-posting of items interrupt the funds distribution timing now in process? What a mess! I feel so much insecurity dealing with Ebay. No indication of the inner workings of the system is suspected from their aggressive marketing language. Lastly, I don't remember reading anything about a 30-day hold on a new seller's sale proceeds. 

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Maybe a bit of reading before selling would help -

Start selling on eBay | eBay

Payments on hold | eBay

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

More than a bit. But you are right; eagerness not on.

Reiterating main concern: read after posting items that bank aba and acct. no. proof hould have been submitted.  Now after-the-fact, do you know where to submit now, as cant find?  Concerned that if can't upload bank proof, then acct. reconciliation and timely Mar 24 funds disbursement still won't happen.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

It really is a good idea - to have all that sorted before listing.

If I were you I would remove the listings you have - sort the the payment - MP - problems - then go ahead.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

D-710   TU for quick response. I had searched deletion of postings suggested by another member also. I only find 'terminating acct and data'. Ebay is a maze of overkill data.  Where can I  find ability to delete posting?  It is not on the revision page of a listing. 

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

@hannah.0404 wrote:

Where can I  find ability to delete posting?  

Use the link below.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/canceling-listing?id=4146

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

So over Ebay they make it so hard to contact them. Have been waiting over 2 weeks for sold items money. Red Flag still on my account after entering details twice.

Every time I DO get to speak with a person all I get is they have technical issues. Making mega dollars with every bodies money they are holding

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

ebay do not make a single cent from money on hold.  It is illegal for them to do so.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

@aliandden wrote:

So over Ebay they make it so hard to contact them. Have been waiting over 2 weeks for sold items money. Red Flag still on my account after entering details twice.

Every time I DO get to speak with a person all I get is they have technical issues. Making mega dollars with every bodies money they are holding

Make sure that every single thing matches. So your registered Ebay name needs to match your passport or drivers licence and your bank account, including any middle names and spelling. 

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply