Ebay red flag to update acct. to get paid

This flag appears ad nauseum no matter how many times I upload what Ebay requests. Ebay does not clarify what is still needed and why its request is not satisfied. Ebay is holding up deposit on paid funds--stalemate situation. Is there a biological brain at work within Ebay to respond to this time-sensitive matter? Maybe I should check up on listing with Etsy or Amazon, which I abhor. 

Anyone have a similar situation and how long Ebay took to address this issue, or any issue?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Customer service are hopeless and would be unlikely to be able to look over your account to tell you the issue. This is one of the poorest parts of the whole Ebay experience. I would highly suggest you end all your listings until you get this sorted out - the last thing you need are more funds tied up in your payment account.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

How long ago did you complete sign up for managed payments originally ?

Did you get any kind of notification you had been 'approved' and ready to sell before you listed items?

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

You are a new seller,  your funds will be on hold for 30 days.  No idea why you consider it a time sensitive matter, you agreed to ebays  T&C's.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Have you made sure that everything matches? Uploaded ID has to match your Ebay registration details and bank account, down to the last letter.

Even when you are fully verified, Ebay will hold your funds as mentioned until you are established.

Jumping to another platform will not help you - both the ones you mention have the same ID requirements before you can open a selling account and they will also hold your funds.

Your items would not be suitable on Etsy anyway unless they are vintage.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

.....As an aside, no measurements for any of those coats could end in tears - and a costly mistake.

Just sayin'

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

To SandyPebbles:

I posted item before uploading the passport info. I NEVER saw instruction to do this initially. When I see "Thank you. we'll check this out and be in touch if needed the of response. Question has Ebaystaff even seen m uploading, as the red flag kept appear9ng thereafter a couple of uploading.

AND

Only one upload of file allowed. Should be topics allowed for the very reason I state here.The total photo of passport didn't allow clear detail, so I repeated the process and uploaded the closeup of the relevant passport page.I'm having angst I shall not receive buyer's funds definitely submitted, 'cuz Ebay system is in some confused algorithm failure in our communication.. 

I hope this epistle is clear.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Good point. On my shearling coat, I was asked the measurement relevant to the buyer. I assumed the size would have been adequate. But measurements would be helpfu to viewer. BTW, almost 30 yrs. old, I consider vintage as is the case.. 

thank you.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Yes, a match. And I confirmed amounts of micro-deposit amounts to Ebay, who has now deducted them. What I need clarity on is: as per registration instructions, I prepared a bank doc of BSB and acct. no. for bank proof but couldn't find the portal to upload it. The red flag refers only to personal ID proof, I assume, and not to bank institution proof.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Time-sensitive refers to my personal situation. I thank all of you below for your time to answer me. Why can't an Ebay staff member just look at my account and specifically indicate where something isn't right. And that issues not resolved.

At the moment, the assurances of helping its sellers, protecting them, etc. rings hollow. It is fellow members who have taken up the gauntlet. 

hannah.0404

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Customer service are hopeless and would be unlikely to be able to look over your account to tell you the issue. This is one of the poorest parts of the whole Ebay experience. I would highly suggest you end all your listings until you get this sorted out - the last thing you need are more funds tied up in your payment account.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply