Ebay with holding Money that is not theirs

ebay being ive left phone number in messages before about you with holding or stealing $74.54 for products that were sold posted and received so it is my money .Now i have use you for 15 years or there about ,nothing had changed so what is you problem PAY UP ,Patricia 

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Nothing has changed?

Not so. Over the 4 or 5 years, eBay sent its members multiple emails and messages about the forthcoming switch away from PayPal over to Managed Payments, and the requirement to verify ID and bank account under the new system.

It then (almost 3 years ago) sent multiple emails and messages telling its members that the new system was in place and what one had to do in order to verify ID and bank account.

It has various Help pages informing sellers of the steps to take in order to be verified, and of the fact that unless a seller is verified, funds will not be disbursed.

Nevertheless, I would agree that more could be done; for instance, any seller who is not fully verified should have a big red beeping banner come up when they try to list something for sale, preventing them from being able to list until they have verified both their ID and their bank account.

In the absence of the big red beeping banner, sellers who don’t receive their funds will at least search the eBay help pages to find out why they’re not getting their money, and/or coming to the boards to post angry or upset complaints about it… at which point the eBay community members who do read the communications from eBay can at least tell them to get verified under the new system, and show them the relevant help pages.

Most informative one on how to be verified is the Registering as a Seller help page.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Maybe if you give us more detail, we can provide advise. Or are you just having a rant for the fun of it.  There are obvious reasons why Ebay will be with holding, maybe fill us in

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Seems you did not bother to read all the new T&C you agreed to, not very bright to just click agree.

Also seems you don,t know these are public forums, you are not contacting ebay and will not get a reply from ebay.

I am probably wasting  my time even replying to your post,  as the other threads you have opened, also have replies, that you have either not bothered reading or answering.

Member for  15 yrs...........Blah Blah.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Hi Jessica.  We're just other users like you, trying to make sense of what eBay's doing and helping others who are new to the problems we all faced at some stage.

So what I would do if I was you, I'd go and find out how to verify your identification and link your bank account to your eBay account.  There must be a notice somewhere in your account dashboard reminding you to do it, with links to begin the process.

Then you can get your $74.54 deposited into your bank account.  Once that's done, take a deep breath and have happy listings and sales into the future.

If you're struggling, you can look through the help pages to find the chat support option and they can maybe chat with you through the process.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Jessica was given links to everything she needs to know at message # 2

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

And the last time she posted the same thing

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Jessica - has been a member longer than you have. LOL

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

And the last time she posted the same thing

I think Jessica's problem is she is confused and thinks her message has gone straight to ebay. She doesn't seem to realise this is just a messageboard so I'd imagine she is sitting at home, waiting for a reply in her messages that will never come.

And if she isn't aware of changes over the last few years & hasn't signed up to managed payments etc then her money might never come through either.

So I have given her opening post a tick in the hope that she might get a notification and come back to look at people's replies.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply