Fastway Couriers (2019)

I typed in "Fastway Couriers" and there are threads that have been around for 10 years or more about how bad this mob is. 

Have they improved any?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

My most recent issue with them was:

Bought 600 plastic shopping bags from a seller (I use them for packaging) and they sent it via Fastway Couriers. Damn!

Item has been marked as "delivered". I was home at the time and naturally I don't have it.

They say it was left outside my front door but it wasn't. I live on the top floor.

I contact them and they say driver says he left it outside the front door of the building. We don't have a front door.

We have two side doors. Nothing left in either foyer either. 

Can't claim from seller as it has now been marked by eBay as "delivered".

So frustrating. 

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Fastway Couriers (2019)

I thought couriers require a signature on delivery. Did someone authorise it to be left without signature.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Just what we don't need..................another thread on Fastway.     frustrated.gif

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

No, couriers can deliver packages without a signature unless it is stated that one is required. 

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

Well I saw others crying that very old threads were being revived so I'd thought I start a new one.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

Couriers do require a signature on delivery unless a Safe Drop is authorised.

This can be authorised by the sender or in some cases the courier will accept a Safe Drop authorisation by the receiver if they have left a card to say they missed you.   I am always happy to get a Safe Drop item.

Very few ebay sellers will give that authorisation which means some buyers will not buy from them.

I get regular deliveries from Queensland to Sydney and the comany is happy for me to authorise a safe drop.....I usually get the package overnight as long as I order before lunchtime.   Previous to the safe drop authorisation I would often have to wait 3 or 4 days for redeliveries.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

@sydney-diecast-kingdom wrote:

No, couriers can deliver packages without a signature unless it is stated that one is required. 

Which companies will deliver without a signature unless you state it is required?

It is usually the other way round......signature required unless a safe drop authorisation is given.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

Normally I purchase from another seller that has FREE DELIVERY and uses Australia Post. Never had a problem as it's either delivered by my postie or my local Startrack parcel contractor who knows all the local streets and addresses.

It's outside my front door when I get home. After all, who wants to steal a bag full of bags?

This time my supplier was out of stock so I purchased from a different seller with similiar items and FREE DELIVERY too. I didn't realise at the time they were using Fastway Couriers. Ouch!

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

Australia Post.

Standard 500g parcel delivery comes with tracking and no signature required.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

StarTrack is not a parcel contractor.....they are the courier branch of Australia Post.

There is another branch of AP that deliver parcels as a contractor.

But that does not answer my question.....which couriers deliver without a signature unless it is requested?

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply