Fastway Couriers (2019)

I typed in "Fastway Couriers" and there are threads that have been around for 10 years or more about how bad this mob is. 

Have they improved any?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

My most recent issue with them was:

Bought 600 plastic shopping bags from a seller (I use them for packaging) and they sent it via Fastway Couriers. Damn!

Item has been marked as "delivered". I was home at the time and naturally I don't have it.

They say it was left outside my front door but it wasn't. I live on the top floor.

I contact them and they say driver says he left it outside the front door of the building. We don't have a front door.

We have two side doors. Nothing left in either foyer either. 

Can't claim from seller as it has now been marked by eBay as "delivered".

So frustrating. 

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Fastway Couriers (2019)

As far as I know someone has to either accept safe to leave when purchasing or the sender may give the authority. What does tracking say.

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

@sydney-diecast-kingdom wrote:

Australia Post.

Standard 500g parcel delivery comes with tracking and no signature required.

Australia Post is not a courier......as far as I know all parcels come with tracking now and you pay extra if a signature is required.

With courier delivery a signature is included in the price but is not required if a safe drop is authorised.

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

Fair enough. Yes they are different.

It's just that many of the Australia Post parcel contactors that work out of the Alexandria Business Hub in Sydney (including my own) have Startrack logos on the side of their vans instead of red Aussie Post ones.

I'm not sure how to answer your question.

You can have either Safe Drop (with or without picture)  / ATL (Authority to Leave) OR you can have Signature on Delivery with all delivery organisations one would assume.   

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

Gawd this is getting hard to explain.....and to understand I guess.

Fair enough. Yes they are different.

It's just that many of the Australia Post parcel contactors that work out of the Alexandria Business Hub in Sydney (including my own) have Startrack logos on the side of their vans instead of red Aussie Post ones.

StarTrack was always known as Blue Post (all the logos were blue instead of the usual AP red).  Recently the powers that be decided that they were going to spend money on rebadging everything in red, much to the annoyance of the original StarTrack drivers who had a good reputation until they were taken over by AP.

On top of that indignity StarTrack drivers have been told they have to take up any slack left by the regular posties and the postal contractors.  Apparently it is cheaper to pay StarTrack drivers to work longer hours than posties who are on wages.

I must admit I know little about that side of it as my OH works exclusively in the CBD and delivers to the likes of the ATO, Telstra, Medibank etc.   There is very little private mail in his run.

I'm not sure how to answer your question.

You can have either Safe Drop (with or without picture)  / ATL (Authority to Leave) OR you can have Signature on Delivery with all delivery organisations one would assume.   

The StarTrack drivers usually have to obtain a signature UNLESS a safe drop has been authorised by the sender......in that case a photo MUST be taken.  A signature is included in the original price.

Without a safe drop authorisation if a signature cannot be obtained a card should be left and the parcel taken to the local PO.

StarTrack can also deliver to PO Boxes (leave at the PO) and Parcel Lockers (Photo must be taken)

Australia Post can safe drop (with photo) as long as a signature is not required.  AP parcels/satchels have a tracking number included automatically but signatures cost extra as does registration on letters and extra cover (insurance for expensive items)

I understand that AP e-parcels require a signature but I have never been asked for one and I have had a number of them over the years.

Hope this clarifies things for you....just ask if you need any more info.

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

I am really confused on this one. Was the parcel sent via fastways or Aust Post and delivered by Startrack. 

If fastways and they left it without signature and no authority from the receiver I would be going after the sender would you agree. 

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

If Fastways safe dropped a parcel you would need to ask the seller if he authorised the safe drop before going after Fastways.

It is only quite recently that Fastways have been accepting safe drop instructions.....I had 2 ebay seller who authorised safe drops in the last few months and a non ebay business has been authorising it for most of the year.

If it was sent by AP it is entirely possible that it could have been delierd by StarTrack according to their latest instructions.  Most of the drivers will follow courier protocol rather than AP protocol for safe drop.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

@eol-products wrote:

I am really confused on this one. Was the parcel sent via fastways or Aust Post and delivered by Startrack. 

If fastways and they left it without signature and no authority from the receiver I would be going after the sender would you agree. 

I purchased an item that had FREE shipping. There was no option for safe drop or signature. 

It was delivered by Fastway Couriers using "Authority to Leave" which I had no input into.

Just where they delivered is the big question.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

@lyndal1838 wrote:

It's okay I fully understand how all it works as I work for Australia Post Delivery.

It's Fastway Couriers that I have the issue with.

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

It would appear that your seller authorised the safe drop in this case.

If the seller can not/will not help you all you can do in this case is keep after Fastways.

The big boss is very helpful.....if you happen to get onto him I can guarantee that you will get action.

I recommend ringing their main enquiry line very early in the morning.....he often takes random calls just to see what is going on (the girls manning the phones hate it as it shows them up big time)

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

@lyndal1838 wrote:

It's okay I fully understand how all it works as I work for Australia Post Delivery.

It's Fastway Couriers that I have the issue with.

Small world, isn't it.

A least my detailed explanation may help other members to understand the machinations of Australia Post.

Where do you work.....my OH works out of the StarTrack Greenacre depot.

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply