Fastway Couriers (2019)

I typed in "Fastway Couriers" and there are threads that have been around for 10 years or more about how bad this mob is. 

Have they improved any?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

My most recent issue with them was:

Bought 600 plastic shopping bags from a seller (I use them for packaging) and they sent it via Fastway Couriers. Damn!

Item has been marked as "delivered". I was home at the time and naturally I don't have it.

They say it was left outside my front door but it wasn't. I live on the top floor.

I contact them and they say driver says he left it outside the front door of the building. We don't have a front door.

We have two side doors. Nothing left in either foyer either. 

Can't claim from seller as it has now been marked by eBay as "delivered".

So frustrating. 

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Fastway Couriers (2019)

Small world, isn't it.

A least my detailed explanation may help other members to understand the machinations of Australia Post.

Where do you work.....my OH works out of the StarTrack Greenacre depot.

Been an Eastern Suburbs postie for over 25 years. Work out of Alexandria Delivery Hub. 

Don't tell too many people. It's like admitting you work for Telstra. Smiley Tongue 

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

I know what you mean.

There are times here when I feel like I am putting my head in the lion's mouth when trying to clarify some of StarTrack's actions.

So you are one of those treasures who have been delivering mail for many years.   I bet you know your customers by name too.

I grew up in Maroubra and we had some marvellous posties over the years.   It was my job to wait for the postie at Christmas to hand him a bottle of beer.

I have been here for 50 years and had one postie for the best part of 30 years.....I was devastated when he retired as nothing was too much trouble for him.    Then I had a young fellow who knew my daughters from school.....he was terrific too.

But for the last few years we have had a constant turnover of not very reliable posties.

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

Fastway Couriers (2019)

@lyndal1838 wrote:

But for the last few years we have had a constant turnover of not very reliable posties.

I understand all too well. All the "old school" posties are leaving in droves and their replacements don't last very long. 

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply