Forcing me to managed payment or deny new listings

I wanted to put up a new item but message came up I must register to managed payments. So I go to the link where it says "express interest". I fill out the form but skip the "Why are you interested in managed payments?" because I am not interested in it. Off course it won't let me continue. So I feel I'm being forced to voluntarily sign up for something I don't want. When I dig deeper, I find they also want driver's licence and who knows what other persona information which in no way I will submit to some private company online.

The question I have is it even legal to force people this way or simply deny their service?

I've been with ebay since the start but this will probably be the end of it. What are your thoughts

Message 1 of 138
Latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

Re: Forcing me to managed payment or deny new listings

Resulting to personal attacks is rather childish don’t you think? Alas it is the way of the internet when someone with years of industry experience is “educated” by a random. Enjoy your day dave. 

Message 121 of 138
Latest reply

I probably have more relevant experience than you. And am able to ascertain facts.

I enjoy every day; it's my mindset.

Message 122 of 138
Latest reply

I agree. You are. You have failed to bring any facts to the discussion, which is a telltale trait of children.

Either that or you don't consider me to have experience in the field you CLAIM to have expertise in. Which you have shown you don't.

Message 123 of 138
Latest reply

crateman14
Community Member

I've used eBay as a seller for many years, I won't be giving them my driver's licence so I guess I must move elsewhere. I have seen this platform erode over the years into the ghost town it is today. Sellers have continuously been forced to accept higher fees, more restrictive policies and a complete disregard from eBay.

I'll have my popcorn ready for the day eBay files for bankruptcy and fades into irrelevance like the trading post. It's only a matter of time when they continuously burn their biggest product - the SELLERS.

Ciao. 

Message 124 of 138
Latest reply

Bye bye,  you don't really need to announce that you are leaving,  but you forgot to cancel your listings

Message 125 of 138
Latest reply

They are probably hoping that when people read the listings they'll phone so that the crateman can do off-eBay transactions and not have to pay any fees.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 126 of 138
Latest reply

it's totally outrageous isn't it?  How dare they only give you a year to move to the new process?

Message 127 of 138
Latest reply

Ah yes, just noticed that.  A dodgy seller complaining about having to be identified.   The cheek of them

Message 128 of 138
Latest reply

If eBay spots those listings Sugar, providing ID will be the least of their worries.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 129 of 138
Latest reply

retiques
Community Member

Yes I hearin ya, I was a bit confused at first.

Still am really, why do they want our license numbers, I really am worried that this. The tax department  have no end of powers to retrieve information ???? I've paid enough tax over my lifetime and be buggered if I'm paying tax again on items I sell on here. Am I being paranoid? 

Message 130 of 138
Latest reply