Free Relisting

If I have listed an item in early July (free listing) and it doesn't sell after 3 free listings, can I select Relist when the final listing period ends in August and have it count as one of my free listings for August or will it be counted as a July listing, resulting in my having to pay a listing fee?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Free Relisting

It will count at the time you relist. Relisting in August it will come off the Aug freebies.

So if you have no more freebies left now, you will be charged relisting in July.

Wait until the new freebies reset on the 1st or 2nd of the month.

Scroll to the bottom of all selling to see how many are left.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@michael_cullis wrote:

If I have listed an item in early July (free listing) and it doesn't sell after 3 free listings, can I select Relist when the final listing period ends in August and have it count as one of my free listings for August or will it be counted as a July listing, resulting in my having to pay a listing fee?

Hi michael_cullis,

kopenhagen5 is correct, the day a listing relists is when it will be charged or attributed to your free listing allocation. What period do you list for? You could use 30day listings and enable Good 'Til Cancelled which means your item will only renew every 30days? 

Regards

Michelle

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It will count at the time you relist. Relisting in August it will come off the Aug freebies.

So if you have no more freebies left now, you will be charged relisting in July.

Wait until the new freebies reset on the 1st or 2nd of the month.

Scroll to the bottom of all selling to see how many are left.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@michael_cullis wrote:

Hi michael_cullis,

kopenhagen5 is correct, the day a listing relists is when it will be charged or attributed to your free listing allocation. What period do you list for? You could use 30day listings and enable Good 'Til Cancelled which means your item will only renew every 30days? 

Regards

Michelle

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks to both of you.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You're welcome.

Michelle makes a good point. If you mostly get one bid anyway then rather than listing as an auction list as BIN and select 30 days.

In effect gives you more freebies every month.

I have also found many prefer to buy immediately rather than waiting 7-10 days for an auction to finish. 

It is also often a reason for non payers, bidders have forgotten or changed their mind. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Further to what Michelle said, for a non store seller, I wouldn't use Good Till Cancelled. Here is why. If you list as GTC, it automatically relists every 30 days. Each time it relists, it uses one of your free listing allocation. That means you can only have 40 items listed at any time. Any over that you'll get charged an insertion fee every time it rolls over.

If you choose to list for 30 days Buy It Now with 3 free relists, you can have the item listed for 120 days while only using 1 free listing allocation. After 4 months, you can have 160 items listed without having to pay any insertion fees. The first month (lets say August) list 40 items for 30 days with 3 free relists. Next month (Sept), they auto relist for free. Next month (Sept) list another 40 items for 30 days with 3 free relists. The next month (Oct), those 80 items will auto relist for free. The next month (Oct) list another 40 items for 30 days with 3 free relists. The next month (Nov), all 120 items will auto relist for free. The next month (Nov) list another 40 items for 30 days with 3 free relists.

That will give you 160 active listings (minus any that have sold). The next month (Dec), all the items listed in August will end, the rest will auto relist for free. This month, relist August's listings that ended.

It was a good move when eBay allowed us non stores to be able to list for 30 days, instead of 10 and also included GTC. However, I believe a lot of sellers would be getting caught out using the GTC option because they don't realise they are using up a listing each time it rolls over. At least the other option, if you don't want to relist a few items, you don't have to.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply