'Good til Cancelled' now default

I noticed ebay have slipped another annoying new change in. On the items I listed and relisted tonight, duration was 'Good til Cancelled' by default.

You'll want to watch this if you take advantage of their $1 maximum fees on Sunday offer (or any other offer) since with 'good til cancelled' turned on, it'll just relist every 30 days, regardless of what day of the week it happens to be.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: 'Good til Cancelled' now default

Sounds like a better thought out version of my plan.

If you count the previous Sunday only $1 deals, which I'd been getting every week for at least 4 months, I think this weekend business has been going for at least seven maybe eight months. It made a huge difference to my monthly account - like I said I'm surprised they didn't just end it, rather than try to make it difficult to use by introducing manditory automatic relists, which would have been extremely irritating even if there were no Weekend deals.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

My theory why the $1 Weekend offer existed was to offset the business customers who list M-F. That would leave a gap in the total number of listings on eBay, so getting private sellers to list generally lower value goods on weekend would fill this gap.

The busiest day of the week in internet traffic is all day Saturday and that could transpose to online shopping, so you want your 'shop' well stocked when customers drop in.
Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

It's Monday morning and we just went to list an item and the only option for Fixed listing is now 'Good til cancelled' seems like 30 days has been permanently removed for everything regardless of the Weekend $1 offer...
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Ebay cannot even spell TILL correctly!

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

They cannot even spell TILL so what future do we have?
Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

they cannot even spell correctly.. til or TILL !!
Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Totally unimpressed with this change.  Keep getting caught unawares with auto relists & charged insertion fees.  Even getting charged when they say I won't.  I sell lots of low value items so not worth my while anymore.  Much preferred the old system of 8 free renewals then  item ended.  At least then you could control when you relisted items to avoid unnecessary fees.  I had 3 online chats & they tell me a different story every time.  Clearly they didn't plan & implement this one very well at all.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

It's an abbreviation/contraction of until - ie 'til

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

It's quite simple to keep track of which listings are about to incur fees. Just sort your selling page by time left and check it once a day. The next ones due to roll over will be at the top and you can bulk end them.
Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

Good Til Cancelled is absolute garbage. I now keep a very close eye on end time for listings and end them before automatically listing (and pay $1.65 per item). I have taken a lot of low priced items off Ebay and sell stuff at garage sales instead. Ebay charges too much in fees these days.
Message 20 of 25
Latest reply