Has a scammer bought my item?

twopuk
Community Member

Hello all. Yestersay, I put a smart phone up for sale and within 6 minutes someone bought it. The person who bought the item sent me an email stating I needed to contact him with the email address he provided. I contacted him with the email address he provided, and I got the following reply from him

I apologize for not contacting you immediately i won your auction item on eBay. I am very happy about the purchase . My daughter had to log on to my eBay account to view the purchase, she was also happy with it. But eBay had thought it was a third party due to their over zealousness. they decided to protect us both.

The issues with my account have now been resolved and confirmed by eBay.

I precisely purchased the item on behalf of a folk of mine in Nigeria who has been transferred to serve as a missionary to Nigeria.I will be leaving for New Zealand  for a program I'm seeking your help in getting the item posted to him in Nigeria.

I have sorted out the postage costs on the Australia post website and i will be adding it accordingly to the costs of the item and i want the posted via Express Courier International Post.

I will pay immediately.

In the original email he sent me, he said I needed to ship the item to a completely different address that is stated above. Also after sending a email to his email address. I've been getting fake emails from paypal and ebay.

Is the buy legit?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Has a scammer bought my item?

O

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Re: Has a scammer bought my item?

Q

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply