Have been charged fees even on Gumtree zero fees promo

twid63
Community Member

I sold two of my items using Gumtree promo (max 2 items a month) where I get zero eBay fees. 

This is the first time i've received payment via Managed Payments and not Paypal and discovered that I'd been charged full-blown fees for both items. 

I contacted eBay chat and they assured me that i would be credited the fees in about 15 days from the sold dates. I gathered I would be reimbursed by a separate entity like Gumtree and not eBay.

Does this ring true to other people? Have others been through this process?

Any info would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Have been charged fees even on Gumtree zero fees promo

Been doing it for years - being a small business may help  - we have saved on fees and everything has been done thru PayPal so the buyer/seller protection is in play 

Message 21 of 36
Latest reply

eBay are telling you carp. Every time I’ve had to request the refund on fees that were overcharged they done on the spot and showed up on my Managed Payments page witching 15 minutes.  Get onto Chat and tell them 15 days is not good enough!

Message 22 of 36
Latest reply

@alibru_enterprises wrote:

Been doing it for years - being a small business may help  - we have saved on fees and everything has been done thru PayPal so the buyer/seller protection is in play 

It's people like you that force Ebay to make higher fee's for everyone else.   I hope Ebay catch up with you and shut you down.

Message 23 of 36
Latest reply

there u go sugar249 i've tidied it up for you.........

Message 24 of 36
Latest reply

we will use the 2 Free Gumtree Listings per month from now on to save on Fees  especially for our high priced items

Message 25 of 36
Latest reply

Good luck getting your fees. I have to do this almost every month and it's like pulling teeth. Takes over a month of constant follow up. I believe this promotion is a scam to try and get fees out of those that aren't checking their payments.

Message 26 of 36
Latest reply

yes aware of the time frame for Gumtree Promo refunds to be done, they do get done and ebay is aware of the problem i'm sure they will fix as time goes on

Message 27 of 36
Latest reply

So you think that time frame is reasonable????? Nothing has been fixed in months. It's a scam.

Message 28 of 36
Latest reply

no time frame isn't reasonable, but it does get done 

Message 29 of 36
Latest reply

No it doesn't. It has been over two months. I've followed up 10 times. No fees have been returned. It's forever escalated. The fees should be returned instantly as they were before managed payments whenever there was an issue. This has been done on purpose to try and get people to give up. Anyone participating in this promotion should report it to the ACCC.

Message 30 of 36
Latest reply