Have been charged fees even on Gumtree zero fees promo

twid63
Community Member

I sold two of my items using Gumtree promo (max 2 items a month) where I get zero eBay fees. 

This is the first time i've received payment via Managed Payments and not Paypal and discovered that I'd been charged full-blown fees for both items. 

I contacted eBay chat and they assured me that i would be credited the fees in about 15 days from the sold dates. I gathered I would be reimbursed by a separate entity like Gumtree and not eBay.

Does this ring true to other people? Have others been through this process?

Any info would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Have been charged fees even on Gumtree zero fees promo

bmanly3
Community Member

UPDATE: I have now sold 2 separate items on ebay over the last Month that were listed on the Gumtree site and cross listed through to ebay by clicking on the tabs and I am happy to report that both transactions did not incur transaction fees from ebay (apart from the .30c).

I think the problem has been fixed, cheers.

Message 31 of 36
Latest reply

@bmanly3 wrote:

UPDATE: I have now sold 2 separate items on ebay over the last Month that were listed on the Gumtree site and cross listed through to ebay by clicking on the tabs and I am happy to report that both transactions did not incur transaction fees from ebay (apart from the .30c).

I think the problem has been fixed, cheers.

I spoke too soon. It happened again today, the problem is not resolved. Got onto chat and it's the exactly same as the last time 2-3 Months ago. "Wait 15 days, if it hasn't been refunded by then please contact us again and I assure you it will be refunded, thank you for your patience". 

Message 32 of 36
Latest reply

bmanly3
Community Member

UPDATE: 4 weeks have passed and as usual the final fee refund did not happen so I got on to chat again and they have escalated it and say the refund will occur in about 5 days. It has to be done manually. I asked them to pass on a message to senior management to get the problem fixed. Note: since this thread was started, 6 Months has passed, this was their reply:

"Yes, Don't worry this is well documented. eBay is currently fixing this issue. I apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."

Message 33 of 36
Latest reply

bmanly3
Community Member

This Gumtree cross post 2 free FVF listings per month promo is no longer offered.

From January 2022 it is no longer available. 

I can confirm that for myself and a colleague in another state also confirms it. 

Thank you. 

Message 34 of 36
Latest reply

This is theft and no different to charging dead people or wage theft if a employer did not pay you a ppropriately.

Message 35 of 36
Latest reply

Did you actually read the post previous to yours?

Where's the theft if it's no longer offered?

Message 36 of 36
Latest reply