Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

I usually receive the $1 offer for weekends but nothing this weekend ... did anyone else receive one or have they finished that ?
Won’t be using eBay anymore if they have stopped it !!!
Message 1 of 203
Latest reply
202 REPLIES 202

Re: Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

@davewil1964 wrote:

I've just had enquiries about 2 of my listings that I am unable to relist this weekend. Well done eBay, that's 2 buyers I am unable to help, 2 sales I won't be making, and 2 lots of fees you won't be receiving!

It's the first of the month. You have 40 free listings available as of this morning. If I had enquiries that I believed would result in sales, I know what I'd be doing. And it wouldn't involve cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Those 40 free listings are already accounted for because of all my existing fixed price listings that will roll over during the month. Once they are used up, I will be charged insertion fees for the rest, so I'm stuffed because of eBay suddenly making this change.

Message 31 of 203
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

I have just got off chat with ebay on my other account.

They said it was a technical issue this weekend that they are working on.

They said we should not have the same problem next weekend, so hopefully that means it will be fixed and back on.

time will tell i guess.

Yep, that sounds right. After all this promo has only been running for many months, so a sudden technical issue is likely.

You are doubtless aware that claims of a technical problem by a low-paid call centre operator is code for "I'll tell you what I believe will get you off the phone/chat line".

I recall back in February when we were told that initial GTC conversions wouldn't attract listing fees. They did. Then they said that the first GTC rollovers wouldn't attract fees. They did.

Message 32 of 203
Latest reply

@ramcycle2010 wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

I've just had enquiries about 2 of my listings that I am unable to relist this weekend. Well done eBay, that's 2 buyers I am unable to help, 2 sales I won't be making, and 2 lots of fees you won't be receiving!

It's the first of the month. You have 40 free listings available as of this morning. If I had enquiries that I believed would result in sales, I know what I'd be doing. And it wouldn't involve cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Those 40 free listings are already accounted for because of all my existing fixed price listings that will roll over during the month. Once they are used up, I will be charged insertion fees for the rest, so I'm stuffed because of eBay suddenly making this change.

So end 2 and relist the ones you have a chance of selling. If the 40 roll over it means they didn't sell, n'est pas?

Message 33 of 203
Latest reply

@jazz9876 wrote:

I bet if another ten members ring ebay they would get told ten different answers!

I hope it IS just a glitch, but not gonna hold my breath.

ATM I am going through my nearly 400 listings and ticking the auto relist box - which supposedly IS FREE? It says it is so there will be another phone call to ebay demanding a credit if they try to charge me!

Such a time waster! The weekends are meant to be for fun aren't they?

You're braver than I am.  I'll be taking down all of of my relists that would push me over 40, and wait to see what happens while I decide what to do. Why do you believe that auto-relists won't count towards the monthly limit? It was my understanding that they always have done since that system was introduced.  Perhaps I'm tired and misunderstanding you.

Message 34 of 203
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@ramcycle2010 wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

So end 2 and relist the ones you have a chance of selling. If the 40 roll over it means they didn't sell, n'est pas?

Sick to death of ebay changing and complicating the rules!

I think I've got my head round this one now, and what you are saying is correct and helpful, thank you.

I was used to the old situation, where you would be penalised for ending any listing early, aside from sending it to online auction.

But I've done what you suggest and hit the "End your listing" option, which brings up the following message:

"Note: The insertion fees will not be refunded when you end your "Good 'Til Cancelled" listing but you will not be charged for another 30-day cycle."

That's fine with me, so thanks again for your advice!

Message 35 of 203
Latest reply

@lupercal wrote:

@jazz9876 wrote:

I bet if another ten members ring ebay they would get told ten different answers!

I hope it IS just a glitch, but not gonna hold my breath.

ATM I am going through my nearly 400 listings and ticking the auto relist box - which supposedly IS FREE? It says it is so there will be another phone call to ebay demanding a credit if they try to charge me!

Such a time waster! The weekends are meant to be for fun aren't they?

You're braver than I am.  I'll be taking down all of of my relists that would push me over 40, and wait to see what happens while I decide what to do. Why do you believe that auto-relists won't count towards the monthly limit? It was my understanding that they always have done since that system was introduced.  Perhaps I'm tired and misunderstanding you.

My understanding, which may be wrong because these damn rules are so complicated and ever-changing, is that auction style listings are relisted for free if you tick the auto relist box. So this is well worth doing until we know what is going on with the weekend offer. 

Message 36 of 203
Latest reply

I did a test this morning and watched items auto relist and checked my account balance, then checked my 40 free listing figures, and neither had changed. My account balance was still $0 and my total left for 40 free listings was still 40, So that is why I have continued. I keep checking and no difference!
Message 37 of 203
Latest reply

Oh, ok. I didn't pick up that it was specifically auctions being discussed. I rarely use auction format these days.
Message 38 of 203
Latest reply

I dont know why anyone would EVER pay insertion fees.    It would actually cost you money to sell and even if you did sell that item it would be chewed up with 4 lots of fees.   Im lucky if 5% of my items sell on here its that bad.  Even if they charge $1 an item that actually does sell they are still dam well making a killing.  THey should get rid of insertion fees and make it free to list. 

Message 39 of 203
Latest reply

Well said! I never pay insertion fees. Haven't for a long time
Totally agree with you!
Message 40 of 203
Latest reply