Hi. Could some-one give me some advice on this item I sold.

Hello.

This is the first time I have posted a question so if I say something wrong please forgive me. I sold a large number of 44 woolworths dominoes item number is 161643065546 and it finished on the 28th March. They were posted with only $4.50 postage to the buyer I paid the extra for the postage so I could have tracking and hopefully not have another item go missing. They were packed safely in a bubble mailer and were perfectly sealed as I do not have anyone interested in collecting them and there was also an extra one I put in for the buyer. I have just received a message from the buyer telling me that half of them have been opened and there was a lot doubles as well. I would suggest that the buyer opened them and decided he did not want to keep them so now he wants to have his money back. Does any-one have any idea how I should approach the buyer in my message to him and how I should resolve it . He is obviously going to be difficult to deal with judging by his abrupt message to me. Thankyou for any-one who can give me some advise.

Message 1 of 100
Latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Re: Hi. Could some-one give me some advice on this item I sold.

Have you checked the buyer's  'feedback left for others'?

If this buyer is in the habit of getting freebies,  ebay should see that and

rule in your favour.

Just a thought...........

Message 21 of 100
Latest reply

Hello. Thankyou so much. I am sure I would have been so down without your help. I have always been bought up to believe my word is my bond and if I say something it has to be 100% correct or to let people know there could be a grey area in what I am saying.

I will take your advise and ask for photos. I am not sure if he will answer me as he has not answered my last email to him.

I will also take your advise on the the post office. I am on friendly terms as they understand I am always underestimating the post cost and we have a laugh on what I have lost on each transaction and it is always lovely when it is just a couple of dollars lost

However I would rather be out of pocket for the post cost than to lose the whole item as well as the postal cost as has always happened to me a few times. I learnt that lesson the hard way...

I will keep you informed on what happens and i just hope this transaction does help some-one else avoid what I am dealing with.

Message 22 of 100
Latest reply

Hi. Thankyou for your good thought. I did check on what I could find and he bought the same buy it now item from some-one else on the same day as he bought mine as well.  However as yet there is no feedback left for that seller.

Have a good Easter.

Message 23 of 100
Latest reply

@daffodilau wrote:

Hi. Thankyou for your good thought. I did check on what I could find and he bought the same buy it now item from some-one else on the same day as he bought mine as well.  However as yet there is no feedback left for that seller.

Have a good Easter.

Hang on.   It's been known to happen that buyers get their sellers confused.

Maybe it's the other seller that sent opened ones.

You need the photos of the packaging and contents

Message 24 of 100
Latest reply

Also was the other purchase for bulk dominoes?  Or an amount close

to what you sold him?  There might be a genuine mix-up by the buyer.

Can you give us the item # for that purchase?

Message 25 of 100
Latest reply

Hi.

Thankyou for thinking of that. I have just sent a request through asking if he could please send me a photo of both the open and unopened dominoes as well as the packing so we might work out how they arrived in the that condition. I hope he replys.

Best wishes

Message 26 of 100
Latest reply

Hi. The amount was for half the amount of dominoes I had.. They were also bundled in a pile for photos very similar to mine. The item number is  321708704140.  I am hoping other sellers will seperate their dominoes as another seller suggested to me I should have done so you can clearly see every corner. I wish I had done that in hindsight.

Message 27 of 100
Latest reply

You say he hasn't left feedback for the other seller, but he hasn't left

any for you either.

The other listing was for 22  -  also unopened,

He might also be trying one on the other seller for money back as well.

Let's hope so, as ebay will see that

Message 28 of 100
Latest reply

This is the picture for # 321708704140  

his other purchase of 22 'unopened' 

It looks to me that at least one was snipped.   Or am I seeing things?

It is hard to tell if one or more  has been snipped.

dominoes.JPG

Message 29 of 100
Latest reply

Hi Daffodil; I have read this entire thread & though I rarely comment I do need to tell you that collectors of that sort of item can be a little "rabid" that's the best word I can think of as a description. I  gave up selling unopened Woolworth cards, & didn't even list any dominoes, due to the feral nature of some of the buyers I've encountered in past Woolies promotions.

I sell a lot of collectable books, action figures & such. You need to photograph & describe every little thing that might be construed as a minor defect.  A tiny corner ding on the top of  an action figure box can result in a SNAD. It's not happperned to me, touch wood, as yet, because I'm as picky as my username states.

It's not unheard of for the Woolies bunch to snip corners of unopened packets, as mentioned above, then try to claim damage via ebay & Paypal. I've even heard of someone using a flexi light type tool to enter via a very small package violation to see the number on these dominoes! Sad but true!

In closing; I'd find it very difficult to believe that X number of dominoes could have been damaged in transit when well packed in a bubble mailer. They are hard plastic. Very difficult to damage! As long as you are sure all were packed securely; Then I'd fight this to the end! Good Luck!

Message 30 of 100
Latest reply