Highlighted emails ...

I went to my messages this evening to delete old ones and found that a series of emails between myself and a buyer have been dated in red. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Highlighted emails ...

Usually the only ones I have red are official ebay messages like, unpaid item case closed emails.

Was it to do with a dispute of any kind?

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Highlighted emails ...

No. They were very friendly emails. The buyer had purchased an item of clothing without using the measurements I had included in the listing. She was a very nice person but pretty dim and I didn't want a defect so I was very gentle and accommodating with her. I gave her her money back via PayPal (send money) not through the normal refund channel. No doubt I did something wrong. But she has her money back. She's happy and left me glowing feedback. I have the garment back and all's well. I wouldn't mind betting eBay are trying to make something more out of it.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Highlighted emails ...

These red highlighted dates are on the emails. You don't have to open them to see it. The date on the emails is tomorrow's date. I can't think what it could be except that they are planning to defect me or something similar.

I have to tell you that I have had it on here. I have cancelled my store subscription days ago and have removed most of my listings over the last few days.

I was intending to remain on here as a buyer but if they make waves that will be the end of it for me as a seller and as a buyer on eBay.

It just makes me sad that I will lose all the positive feedback that I have earned over the last 12 years Woman Sad

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Highlighted emails ...

@ms_aussie wrote:

It just makes me sad that I will lose all the positive feedback that I have earned over the last 12 years Woman Sad

Don't close your account down, just abandon it. That way if things do improve around here, you will still have your feedback to come back to if you want to return. Obviously you won't have your DSR's, but it doesn't take long for them to appear again.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Highlighted emails ...

I wouldn't worry about it then. Probably just another glitch
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Highlighted emails ...

Thanks for your advice Harley.

I have now taken down all my listings and deleted them. My store is completely empty. I have once again become a protected and much loved eBay buyer. I promise I will not fiddle with a sellers DSRs and I will not leave negs or neuts.

YAY!!! No more stress Woman LOL

All the best.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Highlighted emails ...

Hi Sheeps,

I have stopped selling that's all. And, yes, I will hang around and wait for sanity to return on eBay. I just couldn't bring myself to close the account after all these years. What! No eBay!

Yes, I will still be buying on eBay and dropping in here to talk. I just hope that one day the happiness returns.

Good luck Woman Happy

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Highlighted emails ...

@ms_aussie wrote:

The date on the emails is tomorrow's date. 

That's actually the reason - eBay put the date of when the item the message is about is due to end, it'll switch to red to act like a little alert that the item's ending soon. 

Here's a quick grab from my message inbox - the one in red is an item that's 'ending' this afternoon (it's actually a GTC listing, but that's when it'll tick over).

end dates.JPG

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Highlighted emails ...

Have you closed your store. If you don't they will still charge store fees, even if you have nothing listed.

I have to wait until

everything is sold, then I am outa here also.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply