How are your sales?

Hi community,

Just wondering if your sales are as tragic as mine have been lately? I had a mini surge just before the end of last month, and have had absolutely nothing this month!! Really unheard of, think I am being punished for my comments last month?

So how are your sales?

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: How are your sales?

I just figured it out..... its cause of the fall in Iron Ore Prices

Message 41 of 49
Latest reply

ORE .......

MINE  are the same 🙂

Just remember what Rachel Hunter said   ......   "it won't happen overnight ..... but it WILL happen   !!!!

Just saying .........

Message 42 of 49
Latest reply

@dotm2004 wrote:

ORE .......

MINE  are the same 🙂

Just remember what Rachel Hunter said   ......   "it won't happen overnight ..... but it WILL happen   !!!!

Just saying .........

To add insult to injury, I keep getting a 10% off voucher to use, but two have expired and the third one is likely to too because I need to sell before I can buy!!! At least someone at eBay has a sense of humour Smiley Frustrated

Message 43 of 49
Latest reply

My sales are the worst they have ever been -soooo slow. Maybe with all the bad press regarding ebay buyers are bit reluctant, or money is very tight for all at the moment? Having to add that extra 10% to postage curtesy of ebay, as well as postage costs going up anyway has not helped.

Message 44 of 49
Latest reply

@justcruising49 wrote:

My sales are the worst they have ever been -soooo slow. Maybe with all the bad press regarding ebay buyers are bit reluctant, or money is very tight for all at the moment? Having to add that extra 10% to postage curtesy of ebay, as well as postage costs going up anyway has not helped.

Yes, sadly i think you are correct on the bad press. As I have a said a few times recently on these boards, eBay's aim of making a better buying experience has probably backfired spectacularly!! All that I believe has happened is word has spread that eBay is not safe anymore, rather than distinguishing scamming sellers or scamming buyers, it just gets out in to the community that eBay is unsafe and you are likely to be scammed. In reality, the new wave of scammers are new buyers who have mastered a very easy to navigate flawed MBG system have created exactly what eBay were trying to remedy!!!

I don't think I have gone this long without any sort of 'action', a month or two ago I would often refresh every ten minutes or so as to respond in a timely manner to either an enquiry, an offer, or a sale. Now I could probably go on a two week vacation and not miss anything!Smiley Frustrated

Message 45 of 49
Latest reply

@justcruising49 wrote:

As someone who has a few of the items you sell in my small collection, I can say without a doubt, that your prices are VERY cheap in comparison to buying them in the shop. I can only assume that people are still paying off the massive Christmas debt and with Easter these days being far more than just buying chocolate eggs, people are possibly now paying that off as well (since when did Easter become the new Christmas where you have to buy expensive gifts for the kids too?).

Hopefully with Mother's Day coming up your sales might increase. I know that for many years, I bought items like yours for mum for Mother's Day (I just hope I get them when she goes LOL!!!). Surely I'm not the only one.

Message 46 of 49
Latest reply

Ichi, what sort of things do you sell? I've noticed that some of the people saying sales are low sell clothes and I'm wondering if that's due to being in between seasons. Other clothing sellers seem to be doing OK I think, so maybe it depends on what season they are stocking at the moment?

I don't think the bad press has helped either. I've had a few people at work say they won't buy on eBay any more because there are too many scammers and you can buy stuff for cheaper locally.....and not have to pay inflated postage costs. I have convinced a few that not everyone is a scammer (they know I sell), and that has brought a few back, but others won't budge.

Shame more people don't do what one of my buyers is doing at the moment. She had bought a few things that had to go parcel rate, but only came in at around 50g, so is buying a LOT more stuff to make the postage worth her while. What she doesn't know yet is, given the amount she has spent so far and how much she's still got bids on, I'm not going to charge her for postage. I figure once you go over $200 for low priced items, it's the least I can do.

To me it makes sense. If what you are buying is small and light, buy other things to fill the box up (providing of course the seller allows combined postage). I have done that many times in the past when buying from OS. The sellers I was buying Matchbox cars from in the US would send a message saying I could fit X more in the box before the postage jumped. I'd buy X more, they'd send the invoice, I'd pay, they'd post, then a week or so later, a new box was started. A win win for both of us.

Message 47 of 49
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

Ichi, what sort of things do you sell? I've noticed that some of the people saying sales are low sell clothes and I'm wondering if that's due to being in between seasons. Other clothing sellers seem to be doing OK I think, so maybe it depends on what season they are stocking at the moment?

Clothing sellers took a hit with all the mega freelisting promos. Search results now returning a thousand results rather than a few hundred, so if you are down the bottom you become invisible. If you are at the top it makes less difference. No of watchers is high on the secret search formula. If you are at the bottom you get non so stay there.

Clothing sellers rely on default best match search as buyers are browsing until they find something they fancy rather than doing targeting searches.

Breeze blew in this morning and my candle had a flicker resulng in a few sales at last.. Lets see if it blows out again

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 48 of 49
Latest reply

Hopefully that candle flicker turns into a full blown inferno!!! Crossing everything for you (and the others who are having a bad time at the moment.).

Message 49 of 49
Latest reply