How are your sales?

Hi community,

Just wondering if your sales are as tragic as mine have been lately? I had a mini surge just before the end of last month, and have had absolutely nothing this month!! Really unheard of, think I am being punished for my comments last month?

So how are your sales?

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

How are your sales?

I had a bit of a surge and unfortunately it fell right before the four-day Easter long weekend which meant I couldn't go and send stuff off at the post office on Friday, Saturday or Monday (Sunday it is always closed), so all my buyers had to wait extra long for things to be sent off.

I've also had a few people saying they are waiting for their paycheque to be able to buy my items and often miss out until I relist again.  So I think it's a little bit extra tough for some people out there at the moment.

Message 2 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

Fine, thanks.

An average fortnight's worth over the Easter weekend, now back to normal.

Message 3 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

sad-crying-smiley-face.gif  in a word - terrible, almost non-existent.  I think having a basic store and no recent additional free listings doesn't help though.  Sales slid downhill as my number of listings reduced.  Problem is, I can't be sure if there is a direct link or if it is just coincidence, or if as you have suggested it is punishment for harsh comments on the boards Smiley Surprised.  Have seriously considered up-grading the store to increase listings, but if that doesn't work, it would be additional Store fees down the drain.

Most 2 day weekends I get 7, 8 or 9 orders, over the 4 day Easter break - 1 single order  . . . . . 

I guess some drop in sales may be attributable to school holidays & additional expenses associated with holidays & Easter, it would be good to know.  Maybe it is just our turn for lights out - however that usually only lasts a couple of days at a time & this time it has lasted for weeks instead of days - maybe they forgot to flick the switch back on !

Message 4 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

I had a big Easter weekend and am now cruising along nicely. It sounds like it's more people with stores that are having issues, so I'm wondering if buyers are preferring auctions at the moment? Just making guesses.

Message 5 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

I list one or two new items every day. I list for 30 days and select the 3 free auto-relists. That covers 800 of my 1100ish listings for $19.95.

If I don't get freebies, I pay for, on average, 75 listings per month @ 5c each. So $23.70 all up. Works for me.

Message 6 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

Ditto.

But I have a store and have approximately 0 auctions running.

Message 7 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

@davewil1964 wrote:

Ditto.

But I have a store and have approximately 0 auctions running.

Maybe people are stocking up on books in readiness for Winter! 😄

Message 8 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

Hope so. And I hope it's a looooooong Autumn

Message 9 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

@davewil1964 wrote:

Hope so. And I hope it's a looooooong Autumn

We could have been forgiven for thinking it was Winter this week!

Message 10 of 49
Latest reply