How do I get my product to page 1

How do I get my product from page 8 to page 1

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It might make a big difference if you hadn't listed them on the American ebay.

Try listing them on ebay.com.au

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Off topic, but why on earth are you subscribing to a store when you've only got 24 listings and one sold item in completed listings ??

Sellers here will often say a store is not viable unless you have over 100 listings AND a good sell-through rate.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Good pick up, Padi.

Also, depends how someone searches.

If they change the page to 200 per page, maybe the listings will zoom up to page 2  wink.gif

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

If we all knew the answer to the original question I doubt we'd be saying here because all our competitors would read it. Asking how to get onto page 1 is a bit like asking what sells well on ebay and where do you buy it wholesale.

The only answer I can give is that the more you sell, the more likely you are to be shown on page 1.
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Free international shipping is going to hurt!
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I assume you are talking about 'best' match. Everybody can't be on page 1, you know. The max is 200 and the default is something like 25.

I doubt any discerning buyers use it. The algorithm is a closely guarded secret. In fact, I am fairly sure that the person who wrote it finished their work experience the same day and went back to year 6 to learn how to document code.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

List different sizes of the same item as a variation listing, rather than separate listings, or just stating what's available and making the buyer message or leave a note with their selection (sales history matters, it can be hard to build it up, but once you do, it fosters trust and boosts your best match ranking). This will also make it easy for buyers to select the size they need - some of your listings say the gloves are available in 6 sizes as well as left & right, but you don't provide any instruction on how a buyer can select a size. 

Put "Golf" in all of the listing titles, if they are golf gloves - only a few have it right now and relevancy (which I use for lack of a better word) matters. Word order can also matter, so play around with that a little between listings - technically it shouldn't, it should just be keyword-based, but eBay's search engine is a fickle, largely unfathomable, beast. You can get different results by conducting one search for "White golf gloves" and another search for "golf gloves white" (without the quotation marks, I mean, since if you actually use those in a search eBay will look for that exact phrase). For some reason ebay thinks different listings are more relevant based on the order of the keywords the buyer uses. Sometimes even if they use exactly the same keywords and order. 

As others have mentioned, if you're located in Australia, best to list on the Australian site so that your prices are in AUD. Right now they're in USD and that will likely contribute to lower rankings.

eBay suggest free postage, free 30-day returns, guaranteed delivery, promoted listings, price reductions etc etc etc, but personally, I find these are all unappealing gimmicks designed to cost the seller but rarely make a genuine improvement to rankings, traffic and sales. For me, the best results are gained through good customer service, new & insteresting items, and sales history, all of which take time to build. 

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Thank you everybody who gave advice .... I will take it on board , change the listings and start the process again .

many thanks 

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

The biggest single thing that will make the most difference regards placing highly in searches is to have a high sell through rate ( sales per view ) and regular sales of the same item.

The more you sell, the more you sell !

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply