How long would you give buyer to either contact you or pay?

Had a buyer win item ,have sent invoise.No payment or contact it is 11 days now and not 1 reply to my messages.So how long before I get annoyed?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: How long would you give buyer to either contact you or pay?

@petellary wrote:

Had a buyer win item ,have sent invoise.No payment or contact it is 11 days now and not 1 reply to my messages.So how long before I get annoyed?

How long? 7 days ago. You can open an Unpaid Item Case after 4 days and you should do, now -- immediately.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

3 max...

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I usually give buyers around a week to pay. Not everyone checks their ebay regularly. Some buyers have to get around to transferring money across to paypal accounts etc. I dont worry about contacting them. I just go straight to a non payment claim. Around half suddenly pay when this happens, the others get a strike after another four days. I have never recieved bad feedback as a result of this practice.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I could count on 2 hands the amount of non payers I've had. A few have paid within minutes of the dispute being opened, the rest just ignored it and wore the strike. The few that paid all sent very apologetic messages, then left great feedback and 5 stars for everything. I think there would be very few that would pay and then leave bad feedback. I'm guessing they are around, but I think they would be in the minority.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I send an invoice on day 3 and open a dispute on day 4. If they are not going to pay there is no point in dragging it out any longer and if they are but need the prod of a dispute to galvanise them better at 4 days than more.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I give it about a week, then send a message, wait a few more days for a reply. if none I then open the dispute.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I send a reminder invoice on Day 3.  I open dispute on Day 4.

I never directly message a buyer about late payment.

Most of my late payers pay when a case is opened.  I have never had a late payer leave negative feedback or trash my stars.

I add those that don't pay and get a strike when the case is closed onto my BBL.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I do the same exactly thecatspjs,I find that if they haven't paid within 3 days,they usually don't.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks guys for your help.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply