How's your sales in the last Month

I don't know how much longer I will be selling, my sales in the last month are down 75%.  I have never had this happen! I was wondering is it just my shop or other's are also seeing the decline?

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: How's your sales in the last Month

Hi Croydonparktolling

I have experienced this. What happens when a buyer leaves an offensive neg comment is eBay removes the comment and leaves a message something like "this comment has been removed by eBay". The neg remains unfortunately.

Message 31 of 49
Latest reply

Back on topic about sales...

When the MBG carp started I changed my handling time from 1 day to 3 business days like many sellers to protect against INR a bit if Australia Post delay things....... I didn't list much in Dec/Jan because of school holidays.  When they went back, started listing like a trojan (for me) in Feb and sales still very slow.  

Then just before Easter I changed my handling time back to 1 day (and fulfilled it 100%)... sales have been fantastic since.

Could be a coincidence.  It has been noted by other sellers that following ebay's "Top Tips" actually does improve sales as it improves rankings etc... I've been sceptical but now starting to think there might be some truth here.  I'm not going so far as to provide free post for everything, but I am trying to fill in all the Specifics, for example.

Anyway, just passing on my experience lately. 

Message 32 of 49
Latest reply

Coincidence.

90% of my listings are now 1 day handling. My sales DROPPED when I changed them all from three day to one day a few months ago.

It probably does improve your rankings - but when Ebay says "improves your ranking" this is within various long and complicated algorithms that take into account tens, possibly hundreds, of other variables.

So, your ranking might be "improved" by 0.001%. Certainly not to the point where it would be particulaly noticable in your sales, otherwise, everyone would do it, therefore, no one would have the advantage.

Message 33 of 49
Latest reply

Well I have to say that my lights seem to have been turned back on too. After DREADFUL Ebay Sales in Jan, Feb & March, April has gotten back to normal.

Thankfully the Category I sell in doesn't seem to be too bad for the types of Scams that you poor people are subject to (he writes while putting a finger to his forehead & saying "Touch wood").... But I DO agree with you about the atmosphere that been created... I've had a couple of GENUINE Warranty Claims & Items lost in Post that, unlike a year ago, I initially eyed with suspicion & thought about jumping on but, as I say they turned out to be fair dinkum & I also noticed that most actually contacted me through my private E-Mail Address that I list on the paper work I supply with the goods... Seems even the Buyers find the Ebay Messaging Process confusing so I think that I avoided some Negs that way... Might be worth thinking about if you don't already do that.

As you say though, the atmosphere out there now can only be described as poisonous.... The tension that the MBG has created with Sellers & the fact that even normally honest Buyers have realised that they can jump on the "Get a Freebie" boat is becoming EXTREMELY hard to bare...

The only thing I can say is that opening my own Website & also buying a $90 Pre-Paid Phone has kept me going through the worst ever quiet time on Ebay... Most of my Regulars tell me they now avoid Ebay like the Plague because they know that the FVFs have driven prices through the roof, most of the GENUINE Sellers have gone & because of the "Best Match" System they have no idea where they're buying most of the time because all of the O/S Junk Merchants are listing as being here in Aust. when they're actually in China or Hong Kong...

Message 34 of 49
Latest reply

@black*poppy wrote:

Back on topic about sales...

When the MBG carp started I changed my handling time from 1 day to 3 business days like many sellers to protect against INR a bit if Australia Post delay things....... I didn't list much in Dec/Jan because of school holidays.  When they went back, started listing like a trojan (for me) in Feb and sales still very slow.  

Then just before Easter I changed my handling time back to 1 day (and fulfilled it 100%)... sales have been fantastic since.

Could be a coincidence.  It has been noted by other sellers that following ebay's "Top Tips" actually does improve sales as it improves rankings etc... I've been sceptical but now starting to think there might be some truth here.  I'm not going so far as to provide free post for everything, but I am trying to fill in all the Specifics, for example.

Anyway, just passing on my experience lately. 

All my items are 1 day handling and my sales wax and wane. I can't seem to see a trend. This week I had a huge run of sales mainly on 2 lines with multiple variations so I think my listings were prominent somewhere. All bought within 24 hours, 5 of one item and 3 of another, and a few single listings.  One line was free postage, the others weren't.

I wish I knew what I did right and I would replicate it!

Message 35 of 49
Latest reply

April is a terrible month for me as well. I have to reduce price with hope some items to get sold. $22 includs a parcel postage fees for full-grain genuine leather purse, zip-around. What can I do???? I am a very very small seller, only wants to get my tiny capital back.

Feel raped off by the price, but waht can I do? Capital is key for business. I am a chinese, and I feel quite frustrated with overseas sellers from PRC. They can make price so cheap, and postage fees only &1.99 from China. What can I do??? I hate price war.

Business has to run, capital has to be protected.

Wish every seller makes good sells on coming months.

Message 36 of 49
Latest reply

Well so far this month I have only had one sale!!!! My sales figures for Nov-March were pretty consistent give or take, except for Feb which was down 50% on my average. This month I will be lucky to get 1/5th of my average.

For those saying that 'visibility' seems to be restricted to certain areas or states, I would say looking at my recent record that there appears to be something in that? Most of my sales are usually to NSW or Victoria, well in the last month or so, all my 'action' seems to be from SA or Tas, nothing from anywhere. Which tells me that I am only visible to those states perhaps. This would explain why all my views, watchers, offers, enquiries are ALL down on normal. Generally watchers are people with the same product, watching to see what it is worth, so even if economic factors are limiting sales, you could be forgiven for thinking that views and watchers would be pretty consistent?

Also I have two of the same item, and yet one a week or so ago had 80 watchers, and the other 20, which also appeared to be not showing up on my own favourite searches function, the same with another of my items, one shows up, another not?

Message 37 of 49
Latest reply

Hi Black Puppy,

I han't thought of the handling time.  Before you had mentioned this, I was only getting enquiries or sales to W.A, which is very expensive for me to post items from Victoria, so obviously I was only really been seen in this state.

I post 99% of my items the day of purchase or the next day, so I thought I would change it to one day handling time on Saturday.

Well! Sunday sales have just jumped today, and to top it off, it is Victorian buyers.  I  really don't think it is a coincidence.  Thank you for responding and to everyone else.  It has only been one day of real sales in a long time, so I hope it will keep going.

I hope everyone else who is feeling the pinch also have sales pick up.  

Message 38 of 49
Latest reply

I have done like others have and listed some items on SM, see how it goes. One thing is for sure, I would be happier giving my fees to them.

Interesting idea on the handling time, worth a shot as I do the same and send the next day!

Message 39 of 49
Latest reply

Hi, what is SM?

Message 40 of 49
Latest reply