How to refund buyer

tcrazer
Community Member

One of my buyers didn't receive their item and I need to refund them. I don't see the option to refund under the listing. I don't think a case was officially opened. Should I tell them to open a case and request a refund? The other option is to go to the paypal transaction and refund from there.  Is that a safe option?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: How to refund buyer

No don't do either of those.

Refunds are now easy under Seller Hub

see All Orders > select the appropriate order > drop down menu has "send refund"

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

No don't do either of those.

Refunds are now easy under Seller Hub

see All Orders > select the appropriate order > drop down menu has "send refund"

I was about to do a little happy dance if this worked...........Followed your steps.........The option isnt there for me..........Man Sad

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

It's only there for sellers on managed payments.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

The only way I have ever refunded (presuming they paid with Paypal) is to locate the sale in your list of sold items, use the dropdown arrow to find "see Paypal transaction", log into Paypal and refund from there. The "refund" button in Paypal is a little scary, as it says "refund this payment", but the next page allows you to adjust the amount if it is not a full refund.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:
It's only there for sellers on managed payments.

My main account is on managed payments and the option is not there for me.   Others are experiencing the same thing, judging by recent threads all expressing the same concern. It appears some sellers have the function, others dont. 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Are you sure?   You have to scroll right down to the end of the options

send refund.JPG

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@tcrazer wrote:

One of my buyers didn't receive their item and I need to refund them. I don't see the option to refund under the listing. I don't think a case was officially opened. Should I tell them to open a case and request a refund? The other option is to go to the paypal transaction and refund from there.  Is that a safe option?

Sorry, I didn't realise you might not be on managed payments.

If you are not, by all means refund through paypal, that's the way we used to do it before.  

Try to avoid them opening a case. 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

thanks Currone, yes it is on the store with managed payments once I scroll, I didnt have to scroll before the changes, it was just there. But its not showing on the stores that are not on managed payments.

Sorry for the confusion.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply