I can't start my business because of the GOVERNMENT!

Hi, I am from Victoria and here on my first post with a problem at hand that I have not been able to find a solution. I have just been working on other sections of the business plans.
Any one have info for someone who is starting from scratch on fortnightly government payments?? I am in a very awkward position and I don't know where to go to make this work.. If I hade the choice j would have a store open now would have all business plans in place you name it to will be done.
I have been to all the .gov websites I understand it but I haven't found the answer and I don't want to screw up my payments. Because it's not like I will be able to live off of eBay profits for the first year who knows..it will all go back into the business for fees stock whatever I need.
Any help that is on topic is very welcome.

Any one with any experience with this sort of situation please do help also anyone with general knowledge in the sector for business and government payments or just a guy or gall with the right info please do contribute ✌️

Sorry it's all messy I hope you can get where I am coming from, it's hard I have this massive rock in my mind blocking my project thoughts and my creativity because I cannot expand on eBay in my situation at this time…
Appreciate all help thanks :J
Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: I can't start my business because of the GOVERNMENT!

Hi all ok so j have made a lot of changes and have even managed to make 500% profits on some items. I am still only able to sell 10 items per month which was good as a lot were saying I was jumping the gun and I was. Now I am waiting for the NEIS program to start in 2016 and see if I can get in or not then I will find where to go if that fails or if j get in then I am ready to do the work.
I have been researching many avenues to do with e-commerce in general and about how eBay works and I still find new things so easy that I never knew so I know how massive eBay is now and I am at the moment not doing much about it just waiting for the NEIS info session.

Should I consult an accountant yet? I have around 350 items totalling maybe net sales of $2-6 grand a lot of the 350 items are the same item in bunches of 20 10s one set of 50 and some singles or 1-3s for auctions.

Please check out my listings well my sold listings of you like. Ask anything and I will respond soon thanks again all this thread made me change and slow down I owe it to you all!🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
Message 51 of 56
Latest reply

To tippy toes I am not passing of fashion jewellery as fine jewellery what is wrong with you sort but why would you say that when the jewellery is listed for .99c at auction and selling for 1-$15 and list them mainly the same as I receive them from here because I buy the stuff not wholesale but cheap to auction and yes they are fashion jewellery hence why listed under fashion jewellery sure I want to make my listing sound good and I do but I don't lie so thanks for your thought on what you have made into some bull**bleep** lie of your own you should keep that to your self instead of acting like you are some big shot, even if you were a big shot you shouldn't say it now you put me in a **bleep** mood.
Thanks for letting me know not to take any notice of you again.
Message 52 of 56
Latest reply

When you say something is "solid gold", that's what people assume they are getting. Regardless of what is in your description. I know from experience a lot of buyers only skim the title and look at the photos. They never look at the description. That's why you have to make the title the stand out point. Stating something is solid gold when it's gold filled, can cause issues if a buyer thought they were getting solid gold.

But, you don't want to listen to me. That's fine. I have over 11,000 feedback, so what would I know?

Edited to correct typos

Message 53 of 56
Latest reply

Are you buying on the same id?

Cos that's what it looks like.

Not long before buyers notice that

Big no-no

Message 54 of 56
Latest reply

We saw the potential issues with disgruntled sellers buying from one of their buyers recently.

Go with 'solid gold' OP. YOU are the one who will suffer when the INAD claims and negs start to roll in.

Buyers won't care if they bought it for $10 - they WILL care that you listed it as solid gold and it isn't.

eBay is almost guaranteed to find in the buyers' favour, so I advise researching other online selling avenues as you possibly won't be here long. Especially when you only want reinforcement of your paradigm, rather than help.

Message 55 of 56
Latest reply

Once a few of the sellers he's buying from notice that he's stealing their photos, that won't go down real well either after they start reporting him.

Message 56 of 56
Latest reply