I get double orders sometimes

Does anyone else get this. At first I thought it was a buyer just "clicking twice" but it appears to be a failure in ebays system. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I get double orders sometimes

I,ve had two today. One was a new ebayer who got muddled up and needed a lot of help to work out how ebay operated, the other may be a glitch. I have tried to contact the buyer without success.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I thought it was using the 'back' button when purchasing on the mobile app. I get them too occasionally.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I get a couple of these a month, and every single one where I've got a response from the buyer, it's been because they experienced a problem in the cart and instead of exiting, they either repeated an action/process or refreshed the browser (which repeats actions). 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Sounds like that happened to the buyer in the link I left, doesn't it? If that's the case, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Maybe it does but we just don't hear about it?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

. Maybe it does but we just don't hear about it?

I suspect that is more likely the case, as most of my buyers are unaware they've purchased an item multiple times, generally because they only paid once and they don't go to their accounts to check on their order, and don't pay attention to eBay's order confirmation emails (half of them go straight to spam).... I've only had a couple of buyers who ever contacted me first about this kind of issue - one was a buyer who refreshed during the payment confirmation stage, so she purchased one item but made two payments, the other couple who did had received a payment reminder from eBay and realised then that there was still an outstanding purchase. 

I'm guessing that most of the time, sellers are contacting buyers to advise and get confirmation as to what the buyer wishes to do, so the problem is technically resolved for buyers at the same time they're made aware of it. If other sellers are anything like me, they've gotten used to it happening and just roll with the punches. Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply