I have been trying to cancel my Ebay Plus trial for the last week before it expired.

I've been trying to cancel my Ebay plus for a week before my trial ended, but with no luck.

There is no 'Manage membership' option and when I click on the Ebay Plus link it only takes me to the joining, and not the cancelling.

I have sent several emails directly to Ebay with no response, being aware it is the wrong forum to do it this way.

Help - I've currently been charge a $15DD for not paying for the next lot of membership.  Biggest mistake of my life clicking that free trail button 😞

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: I have been trying to cancel my Ebay Plus trial for the last week before it expired.

Don't waste your time emailing eBay, use the link below and get them to call you.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/call_me?initFrom=BROWSE&l1label=Account

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

Re: I have been trying to cancel my Ebay Plus trial for the last week before it expired.

aussie_54
Community Member

What a joke I agree with you I have been trying to cancel my membership for weeks somebody tells me it's  been cancelled then I get  a debit on my credit card and spend an hour each time i ring up before  I get somebody to answer the phone and it still not done.  It is an absolute joke how hard it is to cancel ebayplus membership.  Buyers beware

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

I am glad I have never bothered joining. For starters I usually buy from small sellers who don't use eBay Plus, but it has never looked like it was worth its normal fee, not to me as a casual buyer of vintage items at least. I get offers all the time, at the moment $50 off my next purchase if I join, but I feel bad joining just to get $50 off and then cancelling. Besides, now it appears that it is difficult to cancel anyway according to what people say. I wonder if they make it difficult to cancel so that you have to actually contact them instead of just clicking on a link so that they then start asking why etc.

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

I am glad I have never bothered joining. For starters I usually buy from small sellers who don't use eBay Plus, but it has never looked like it was worth its normal fee, not to me as a casual buyer of vintage items at least. I get offers all the time, at the moment $50 off my next purchase if I join, but I feel bad joining just to get $50 off and then cancelling. Besides, now it appears that it is difficult to cancel anyway according to what people say. I wonder if they make it difficult to cancel so that you have to actually contact them instead of just clicking on a link so that they then start asking why etc.

Very easy to cancel, if you cancel before it's due - I have done it on 2 accounts without any problem

It remains current until it's due, even if you cancel almost straight away

ebay plus.png

Click on the ebay plus logo at the top of your page (possibly only there if you are signed up)

Click the down arrow on 'edit membership'

Click on 'cancel membership'

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

That's good to know in case one day I do decide to try it. 

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Same here its.rigged just donated to.ebay for no benefits whatsoever

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

I know this is a very old thread but I just wanted to put this here for anyone coming across this problem in 2021. I was having the same issue with cancellation of ebay plus as I was using my mobile device. The option to cancel is nowhere to be found via mobile. You need to use your personal computer/laptop using EBay through Google. Once logged in you click on "ebayplus" at the top left "ish" side of the screen and then go into account settings. There you can cancel ebay plus membership.

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Thanks for the heads up on this issue

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

I can't cancel it through mobile phone either. There is no option or drop down arrow but only help chat which you can not chat. 

So I should try on notebook?

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply