I think Ive made a huge mistake

Im a new ebay business and I am trying to figure out posatge for my items that are all different sizes and shapes, Aus post is what I have been using mostly but for only slightly bigger items I was getting tired of forking out rediculoius costs. 

I decided to take a look at Fastway prices for a bigger item which will aprently be delivered in NSW from Brisbane in just 2-3 days. 

I was happy with the price which was very fair and that it would be to my customer well before Christmas, so I printed the label out and thought nothing more of it.

However becuase Im such a NEWB and in my eagerness to get a better deal I didnt do any background study into the Fastway and now Im reading on the descussion boards pages of bad reveiws which are worrying the hell out of me. I went back on to their site to see if I can reverse the label charge and cancel the label but Im having a hard time finding out how. I dont know what to do, for the sake of about $5.00 Im now stressed that not only will my parcel not arrive on time but it may not turn up at all. I dont want a bad rep on my ebay account so early in to my business. Im not sure what Im asking for here from you good folk, I guess i just needed to say somthing, maybe some of you have used fast way and had a good experiance. Im freaking out a little bit.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: I think Ive made a huge mistake

I am in Melbourne and have had eBay items delivered safely by that courier from Perth, and from Sydney. Keep a record of the tracking details, definitely let the buyer know when it's on the way (and the tracking), then forget about it 🙂

http://www.fastway.com.au

If the buyer (or you) wants to see its trip 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks 😁
Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

i would not worry too much  yes fastway have some bad reviews   but aus post have quiet a few also , 

have a nice day

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

i would not worry too much  yes fastway have some bad reviews   but aus post have quiet a few also , 

have a nice day

I was thinking the same thing if you want to read bad reviews head to the AusPost FB page 

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

But a courier is not Australia Post.   You can't compare apples with oranges.

They each have their own problems but at least the receiver does not have to be home to take delivery of AP items.  If it requires a signature you can make your own time to get to the PO.

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

We never put up a post saying I had thirty great sales this week and Australia post delivered them all on time and buyers where all happy, leaving glowing feedback.

Maybe we should, it would make a nice change and maybe even lift the spirits a little.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

We never put up a post saying I had thirty great sales this week and Australia post delivered them all on time and buyers where all happy, leaving glowing feedback.

Maybe we should, it would make a nice change and maybe even lift the spirits a little.

I have seen a few threads like that when I was still just a lurker. They were active for a day or so, but then dropped off. A few people seemed to get upset that others were having a good run while their sales were abysmal.

I think the forums are like the news. You only hear the bad stuff. You might hear a story on the news about someone being misdiagnosed in hospital that had an adverse outcome. Everyone is out for blood and want the doctor deregistered and put in gaol. What you don't hear is the 500,000 people he correctly diagnosed before them. Those stories don't make the news.

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

Ok, I'll step up (and hope I don't jinx myself in the process - knocking on some timber now).

I've sold 70 items in the last week and had nothing but fast deliveries and happy customers.

AP have been really good so far this Christmas season with no hiccups and very good delivery times (including WA)

Fingers are now well and truly crossed lol

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

My store ID's postage time just crossed the threshold from 4.9 to 5 for the first time ever. Smiley Happy How long it will last is another matter.

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

I found last Christmas they were super quick too. I signed a lot more air declarations than normal, so obviously they were doing their utmost to get stuff delivered quickly. FNQ and NT were arriving in 3 days instead of 10+.

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply