INCORRECT FEEDBACK SCORES: I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A SCRUPULOUS BUYER - <removed> - THIS BUYER

I have been the victim of a scrupulous buyer - <removed> - this buyer has 100% positive feedback score however when you read into his feedback he very often does not pay for the items he wins and bad comments are left.   Why????????    He has no negative marks against his score?????  yet the comments say otherwise.       I have lost my sale and it looks like others have been victims of the same.   I have looked everywhere on ebay to see where I can report this and cannot find anywhere that deals with this problem.  Ebay needs to make things easier to report potential con artists.    Can this be referred for review????

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: INCORRECT FEEDBACK SCORES: I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A SCRUPULOUS BUYER - <removed> - TH

@thecatspjs wrote:
The system does not automatically remove feedback for non-payer.

I have confirmed with ebay that a seller can leave feedback for a nonpayer, even if a strike is subsequently issued.

Feedback that is left needs to be negative to be removed and the other party must request its removal.

Thanks for the info on your experiences Cats, I might give your suggestions a go next time I get a non-payer. If the feedback left is factual ie." Buyer did not pay and complete transaction" is that negative enough to be removed or just a factual statement ???

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Re: INCORRECT FEEDBACK SCORES: I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A SCRUPULOUS BUYER - <removed> - TH

Whilst objective and honest, I think that it may warrant removal if a non-paying pest does contact eBay, though I imagine that many of these pests, particuarly the serial non-payers don't really give a hoot about their feedback, or for the less frequent non-payer they may be suitably embarrassed enough not to contact eBay when their non-payment for an item(s) is on the system for eBay to see.  

Personally I think including a positive statement about the transaction is important, for example commenting on their bidding prowess Smiley Happy   As eBay has provided the parameter that only positive feedback may be left for a buyer, I think it is important to work within this confine and take a glass half full approach to the feedback, it still serves its purpose  Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@kobies_costume_jewelry wrote:

Its because sellers are not doing the right thing.

Instead of following the proper proceedures set out by Ebay, NPB are able to continue.

Sellers prefer to leave false positives as some form of payback

When they should of done the right thing and opened a UPI.

These sorts of sellers are not only doing the wrong thing by Ebay but also to fellow sellers.

As you can see leaving false positives on a buyers feedback means nothing.

Honest truthful feedback for buyers gives me a heads up a seller that I have a non-paying pest on my hands, and I can cancel bids or not drag my feet opening a dispute.

Sellers can leave feedback for non-payers and then issue a strike.  I am not sure why the furphy exists that sellers who leave feedback for non payers have not issued a strike.  I leave feedback for all my buyers, including non-payers, and issue a non payment strike each and everytime.

So you give the buyer bad feedback before the strike is issued by Ebay?
What if the buyer pays before the strike has been given?

Does that not leave you open to negative feedback?

Lastly if the strikes were given how is the buyer able to continue to buy?  Do they just sit there trolling thru the site looking for people who dont have the blocks in place?

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

You can't reason with some people.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

@kobies_costume_jewelry wrote:

So you give the buyer bad feedback before the strike is issued by Ebay?
What if the buyer pays before the strike has been given?

Does that not leave you open to negative feedback?

Lastly if the strikes were given how is the buyer able to continue to buy?  Do they just sit there trolling thru the site looking for people who dont have the blocks in place?

I do not leave bad feedback for buyers.

I leave factual feedback that includes a positive comment about the transaction.

If a buyer ever did make payment within the 5-20 second window that it takes to leave feedback and close a dispute I would not be fazed, their payment would have been at least 4 days outside my payment terms and they would have taken at least 4 days to respond to a non-payment dispute - in the unlikely event of this happening I would probably just leave a factual follow up comment.  The buyer could  seek removal of my feedback if they chose to - then it would be up to eBay. 

Non-paying buyers do continue to buy.  Are you aware that strikes can be overturned on automated request.  

Many new or infrequent sellers are also not aware that they should set blocks to prevent non-payers from bidding and buying or that there is even an unpaid process.  There are numerous more reasons that have been done to death on other threads on this topic. 

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

No, that is incorrect.

I sell on more than one ID.  I have posted that a number of times over the years.

My remark was specifically about that account.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

That may be the case, however there was a significant incorrect "theory" that you noted on this thread that concerned MY selling activity.
Message 27 of 27
Latest reply