Increase handling time?

I am considering increasing my handling time from 24hours to 2 or 3 days to allow for slower mail delivery by Aust Post. Will this affect my Premium Service status on eBay?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Increase handling time?

I have also changed miine from 1 day to 3 days. I have not noticed any difference and I still post everyday. It just goes to show how ridiculous the eBay system is when sellers who've had 1 day handling for years feel the need to to extend it (just to comply with the useless system).

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Just as an add-on to this....

What we are noticing since we increased our handling time to 3-days...

We are seeing more & more in the feedback comments saying things like "extremely fast postage" or "arrived well before expected delivery time", and similar.

And we are not getting any NO answers to the delivery date questions.

So its looking like xtending out our handling time is a positive thing to do.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

I think eBay has shot themselves in the foot with this postage defect thing. I believe over time more and more sellers will opt for an extended handling time and give up their precious badge due to defects. Call it self preservation.Tracking shows that 2 items arrived yesterday to interstate buyers. Both arrived 5 days before the first estimate date!

I don't generally check tracking numbers unless there's an issue, but My Post notified me that both had arrived. About 4 weeks ago I started adding the ETA's to my sold items as a "note", just as a short term, 3 month study to see what happens. Once a tracked item is showing as delivered, the ETA disappears, so no way of checking. So far everything has arrived before the first estimate date. I was quite happy with yesterdays deliveries arriving 5 days before the first date!

I saw someone the other day had a handling time of 20 days. Probably a bit excessive, but if that's what stops them being defected off eBay for something that is totally out of their control, good luck to them! Interestingly, their feedback were all saying similar things. How impressed the buyers were that their item arrived well before the estimate.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply