International Post ???

How is International Post working for those of you who are venturing there.  Is the time frame better or getting better.  I know when I sent an item from Perth it took around 10 maybe 12 working days to leave Sydney and arrived in the USA probably 5-6 weeks after posting and that was just before Christmas.  Have not bothered of late but got to try to boost some sales, get back on the road after the long break.

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: International Post ???

I only have a few items posted to the US and I have always used the more expensive Standard postage:    the last one took 21 days.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks, still think my problem is the Perth to Sydney thing but that should be on the improve.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I've purchased quite a few items from WA and I've had no problems with the deliveries they all turned up on time or even quicker.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I have kept my International sales going.

Only had 1 hiccup recently.

Chasing a parcel that hasnt been delivered to Spain after 3 months,

Sent Packs the UK Finland Hungary Luxemborg Usa China even Chili for first time others to Spain

With deliveries being between 10 days and 8 weeks.

Most of my sales are international.

So I kept it going

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

thanks for this. I have just sent an item from NSW to WA and was wondering if there were any hold ups.

I just need to sit back and wait now!
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I'm in SW WA and although items usually arrive on time from the eastern states, tracking is still very much a "hit and miss" affair with items arriving at my PO box when they're still apparently sitting over in the East.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Going back through a week of delivery notifications, I've calculated the following times:

USA 2-3 weeks (most about 2 weeks, a lot sent to the US)

Thailand 2 weeks

Canada 3 weeks

Poland 3.5 weeks

NZ 9 days

Denmark 1 month

Sending from Melbourne.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

That sounds promising @love_of_cars.

I've been toying with the idea of opening up to my international buyers again so those numbers are definitely acceptable.

I'll still keep my handling time at the maximum, just in case

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Yeah go for it, international is going fine for me.  I send them all standard with a very good discount through MyPost Business.

Some problems are:

- Street mailboxes being emptied up to 2 hours before signposted time of 12 pm.

- Lodgement scans not showing until up to 3 days after being put in the mailbox during the week (above problem may be reason more han 1 day).

- Some statuses showing "Delivered" when it hasn't even left the country yet.  Confuses the smeg out of the buyer and makes me look dodgy but most are understanding after an explanation that it's been happening since last year.

- Increased number of "do you have tracking info?" requests.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply