Is Registered Post International trackable once it's in the US?

I am freaking out because I sent an item back to a US seller and the idiot at the post office said RPI was trackable when it in fact isn't. The seller didn't want to refund me the money and I'm scared I'm not going to get my money back if she claims she never received it.

But now I'm reading it's trackable in some countries of destination?

Is the US one of them? And is that sometimes or always?

What would you do in my situation?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is Registered Post International trackable once it's in the US?

Was the item not as described? If so you shuld have gone through an ebay dispute then the seller would have to have paid for the postage.  If it was a change of mind or didn't fit type return I would have kept it and re sold it to try and get my money back rather than paying for postage overseas.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@jazzamine88 wrote:

I am freaking out because I sent an item back to a US seller and the idiot at the post office said RPI was trackable when it in fact isn't. The seller didn't want to refund me the money and I'm scared I'm not going to get my money back if she claims she never received it.

I have used Registered International to US & UK several times & yes, it can be Tracked if you ring Aus Post  - 13 13 18 by memory, they can give you very detailed information  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You can track it via the USPS website (www.usps.com). The information usually will appear about 2 days after you posted it.

Input in the Forwarder Air Bill no. in the "add a tracking number" (found on the Registered Post International form that you completed and was given a copy with the receipt). It should start with a RQ and ends with an AU.

I suggest that you keep a screen shot of it once the item has been delivered just in case you need it as evidence when you ask eBay/Paypal to step in to get your money back.

Hope you get your refund soon!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

@jazzamine88 wrote:

I have used Registered International to US & UK several times & yes, it can be Tracked if you ring Aus Post  - 13 13 18 by memory, they can give you very detailed information  Smiley Happy

I just checked the Australia Post website and did a search for both large letter and small parcel. Both show that registered post includes signiture on delivery but not tracking and that tracking is not provided as an option. ( Australia post provide different options to different countries, depending on the recipient countries policies and postal system reliability ).  I usually use Pack & Track for international mail that requires tracking.

mbselections00 & Kopi.T may be right, there may be a "work around" that is available.  The whole system is a bit of a mess and often confuses post office staff if they havnt been in the job for very long.. I would try their suggestion and ring Aust Post. Youve got nothing to lose. If the tracking is not available, registered mail should show it has definately been delivered to your seller, so you still have that to work with.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Just to hopefully put your mind at ease, as kopi.tea says, I have always been able to track a Registered package via the USPS site. 

What I have personally noticed is that as soon as it is processed and dispatched overseas, it will return results on the USPS site - the first event will say something quite similar to an Aus Post status (Shipping information received, which is more of a preliminary status), and will update properly as soon as it gets processed by US customs, which can take a bit longer (I've had it take 2 weeks). Once the site is showing results for your number, you can also subscribe to status updates via email, so you'll get a USPS notification every time they scan it, and when it is delivered (elsewhere, a lot of US sellers notice an unusual coincidence with delayed packages suddenly getting delivered as soon as they sign up for notifications via email, no idea if there's any merit to that, it's just what they say 😄 )

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply