Is Top Rated Seller OR eBay Premium Service worth it?

Is Top Rated Seller also known as "eBay Premium Service"  even worth it? The pressure of near instant dispatch and arrival of goods sometimes outweigh the extra listing visibility and the tiny discount.  We recently lost our TRS status and sales have been predominately the same and we don't feel as under pressure to deliver.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I wouldn't be in a hurry to try and regain it because apparently, as of yesterday (Wednesday), if you're a Top Rated Seller or a Powerseller, you lose the 3 free relists. 

As a buyer, I couldn't care less whether people are TRS or offer premium service. As long as the seller has good feedback and they post within their handling time, that's good enough for me.

I actually upped my handling time to 5 days to take the pressure off. I still try and post same or next day, but due to the nature of my job, that's not always possible. It also fattens out that ridiculous delivery estimate that eBay puts in the listing. You know the one, it's the one that the buyers take as gospel.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Im far to lazy to watch a 2 min vid, lol but...

I rarely relist. So, I dont care if the relist option is there or not.  

No difference in terms of TRS.  It appears buyers couldnt care less if I have TRS or not (its not something I care about when I buy either). I have tracked sales in Excell since the beginning and theres been no difference in sales between periods of having TRS and not having it - that includes taking into account seasonal variations in sales.  If Ebay says there is a difference, its so small it doesnt reflect in my sales.

However, I have noticed theres a difference in terms of feedback score - the higher the percent, the more views and sales Ive received.

So, I wont be caring about maintaining TRS in the future, but will be careful with the overall feedback percentage.  It seems like Ebay uses TRS to keep sellers in check (makes sense for them), but buyers dont really care about it up front.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

OP,   you are registered in UK.

Are you aware that you posted on the Australian boards?

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

I wouldn't be in a hurry to try and regain it because apparently, as of yesterday (Wednesday), if you're a Top Rated Seller or a Powerseller, you lose the 3 free relists. 

Where did you find this out?

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I'm not a top rated seller and I've lost them too.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

gtx305, you are probably right about the feedback score thing. I never check wether sellers are TRS and couldnt care less when buying. I do check feedback score and if there are a few comments regards slow postage etc. I,m happy to pay a couple of dollars more to buy from a seller with 100% feedback. I just dont need the headaches of buying from some-one whos a bit slack. 

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

Where did you find this out?

It wasn't hard, everyone that has tried to list/relist an item no longer has that option! I discovered last night that it's still available in the quick listing tool, so I am moving back to that while it still works. 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Unfortunately that doesn't work on all IDs either. Some just get a 'Create listings in bulk' option. No doubt they'll all be like that soon! And done by stealth, of course!

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

It wasn't hard, everyone that has tried to list/relist an item no longer has that option! I discovered last night that it's still available in the quick listing tool, so I am moving back to that while it still works. 

I have no idea what the quick listing tool is.

I list initially from the Sell tab at the top, and from then on, use Sell Similar Item that shows once a listing is completed.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply