Is there a way to show how many times an item been relisted?

Hi, 

Is there a way to show how many times an item has been relisted? Either through ebay or a third party solution? It would be very handy for showing which items a not selling and need to price lower. 

Thanks for any answers

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Is there a way to show how many times an item been relisted?

I don't know of one but when you list an item for the first time you could get into the habit of putting a date at the bottom of description for your own benefit.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I just go by the date I first listed something, and how long it's been since then - all my listings are GTC, though, so there's no relisting, just total duration. 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I KNOW when I listed my items, so I know how long they've been listed.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

My store items are GTC so however long it is since they were first listed divided by 30 is the number of relists although I have never looked to see. If I think an item is 'stuck' then the last thing I do is just lower the price. If it is a single item I may end it and list it in auction format on one of my other ids or I may include it in a store promotion.

Lat year I was about to take a large bag of clothes that had been listed for years to the op shop when the free auction listing promotion for stores happened so I thought what the heck, as I had all the listings stored I put them on as auctions at about 10% less than the BIN and sold nearly all of them, some for more than I was asking originally.

I think my point is that there is mor than one way to skin a cat and just lowering prices is going to do nothing other than lower your income and may not lead to an increase in sales.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@marjak15 wrote:

Hi, 

Is there a way to show how many times an item has been relisted? Either through ebay or a third party solution? It would be very handy for showing which items a not selling and need to price lower. 

Thanks for any answers

You can copy the item title into an ebay search box, tick completed listings check box on the left side and you may be lucky and  see how many times it has been listed.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Completed items are only shown for about 3 months, not beyond that.  It may be less than 3 months but it's definitely no longer than that.  Whenever I need more sales I put my prices up, not down.  It works every time!

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

It used to be 90 days, but it now appears to be 60 days. I also put my prices up for items that are slow to sell. It doesn't make sense, but it works!

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

It's very interesting that putting prices up helps to sell. I did a test recently where I lowered an items price and it ranked lower in best match search than when it was previously priced higher. Does this mean that it may be better to price all your items higher because you'll sell them quicker and for higher prices?

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Being ranked higher gives you better exposure thus a higher chance to sell.

If I recall, changing prices can drop in best rank search as well.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply