Issues with figuring out current invoice totals including credited fees, chaos!

December 16, 2018

Issues with figuring out current invoice totals including credited fees, chaos!

machinery_bay

10:21 AM

Item 173627924092 was unpaid by buyer and eBay noted I received a final value fee credit. However the fee still appears on the tally in my up-coming Invoice as AU $xxxx

Katherine Genn

10:22 AM

Welcome to eBay AU Chat Support! My name is Katherine. May I please have your full name?

machinery_bay

Paul Lake

Katherine Genn

Hi Paul!

machinery_bay

Gidday

Katherine Genn

10:23 AM

I've read your concern about your final value fee not yet credited back on your invoice.

Katherine Genn

Let me check on this first. Please allow me two minutes to investigate, thanks!

machinery_bay

Yes strange how eBay counts it as cleared but it still appears there on the invoice

machinery_bay

10:24 AM

no probs

Katherine Genn

10:28 AM

Hi Paul, it does show here you just have been credited back last 6th of December.

Katherine Genn

10:29 AM

Let me check further, okay?

machinery_bay

ok

Katherine Genn

Please allow me another two minutes, thanks!

machinery_bay

10:30 AM

I havn't seen any invoiced for December yet so I cant see that credit but it is shown as a charge on Novembers.

machinery_bay

10:30 AM

ll wait...

Katherine Genn

10:31 AM

Yes, it will still change for the December invoice though, but if you want to be sure, we can transfer you to the Billing Department, if you want...

machinery_bay

10:32 AM

1. I would also like to know about another item that was asked to be acncelled by the buyer

machinery_bay

10:33 AM

"Cancelled" 173662502977

machinery_bay

to be sure since I can't see its credit yet

Katherine Genn

Sure thing! Let me check the item number for you.

machinery_bay

10:34 AM

thank you

Katherine Genn

10:37 AM

This one has been credited too.

Katherine Genn

10:37 AM

AUD 117.61 last 14-Dec-2018

machinery_bay

10:38 AM

1. I did try to go through the guide in Cancelling a Transaction. It there says to " Go to My eBay and select the Account tab Select Seller Dashboard, and then Credits Enter the item number into the search box"

machinery_bay

10:39 AM

I found only the Seller Dashboard, after which I cannot fing the "Credits" Button or tab

Katherine Genn

10:41 AM

I see, let me check what you are seeing...

machinery_bay

10:41 AM

ok, I can send a screen shot if needed

Katherine Genn

10:42 AM

It's okay, let me just log-in to your account. Please wait...

machinery_bay

10:43 AM

thx

Katherine Genn

10:45 AM

Hi Paul!

machinery_bay

hey

Katherine Genn

Is this what you are seeing? Current balance: AU $xxxx

machinery_bay

10:46 AM

In the summary page yes I see that...

machinery_bay

10:46 AM

But I can't see any current tally or prospective charges etc

machinery_bay

10:47 AM

or credits as to what will be excluded from the invoice

machinery_bay

10:48 AM

The only credits I see is under the "New activity applied" showing $xxxx

Katherine Genn

10:50 AM

What we could do is ask the Billing Department for further explanation about this. Please allow me less than two minutes to transfer you, thanks!

machinery_bay

10:50 AM

ok thanks

Jean

10:53 AM

Hi! This is Jean from Selling Deparment.

machinery_bay

Hi Jean

Jean

Hi Paul.

Jean

I understand your concern and would be willing to assist you.

Jean

10:54 AM

Let me just check your invoice.

machinery_bay

Thanks. I am finding it hard to see any updated tally's on credits

Jean

Let me give you a link so that we will be on the same page.

Jean

https://my.ebay.com.au/(redacted)

Jean

Please open the link.

machinery_bay

10:55 AM

ok I'm there

Jean

10:55 AM

As what you can see, the amount that was taken out from your PayPal account is $xxxx

Jean

10:56 AM

That means, for the item that was not paid, the fee was already removed from invoice.

machinery_bay

yes though it doesn't show what for

Jean

Please click "Credits".

machinery_bay

and it also sounds like a payment

machinery_bay

10:57 AM

yes I see tha tpage

Jean

You will able to see that the $xxxx was coming from the item Stihl BG86C Blower - Great Condition.

machinery_bay

I see that down the bottom of the page

Jean

10:58 AM

Rest assured that the amount that was debited from your PayPal account did not include the fees for the item that your buyer did not pay.

Jean

Yes, that is correct.

machinery_bay

do you mean I have already been billed for this invoice (Dec?)

Jean

10:59 AM

Yes, for the $20.05

Jean

10:59 AM

You total fee from your November invoice was $xxxx

Jean

11:00 AM

Since you had a buyer that did not pay for the item, instead of $48.25, it was down to $20.05

machinery_bay

11:01 AM

ok, the problem is that when I viewd the current invoice, it does not show the tally as 20.05, it shows $48 roughly

machinery_bay

https://cgi3.ebay.com.au/ws/(redacted)

Jean

Please disregard the invoice. The credit happened after the November generated.

machinery_bay

11:02 AM

Invoice number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx INVOICE 30 November 2018 Total dueAU $48.25

Jean

If the credit will happened after the invoice got generated, eBay will no longer send you another invoice.

Jean

I can see that from here.

machinery_bay

So the invoices don't get updated while the system's tallyo f credits does

Jean

11:03 AM

The credit will automatically reflects in your My eBay Account.

Jean

Yes, correct.

machinery_bay

that is peculiar. If I want to check the actual figures, I usually look at invoices.

machinery_bay

So is there a totals page that shows the actions to date?

Jean

11:05 AM

Yes, there is. It is under "Credits". You will able to see when the credit happened.

Jean

11:05 AM

And for what items.

machinery_bay

11:06 AM

Yes I saw where you guided me to, though to see the total I had to click on "Fees Tab" and the layout is confusing, with no proper itemisation

Jean

11:07 AM

It was in the invoice.

machinery_bay

The part I have difficulty with is always going from pag to page trying to cross-reference where the figures are derived from

Jean

Let me walk you through.

Jean

11:08 AM

https://cgi3.ebay.com.au/ws/(redacted)

Jean

Use that link please.

machinery_bay

got it

Jean

Scroll down and you'll see the breakdown of the fees.

machinery_bay

11:10 AM

I see only a charge for the Stihl BG86C Blower of AU $xxxx , but no refund

machinery_bay

11:11 AM

In addition, I don't see a record of charges or credits for the "Stihl TS 800 Concrete saw/Concrete Cutter 150mm depth (16")"

Jean

11:12 AM

Paul, that invoice you can see was generated before the credit was happened.

machinery_bay

11:12 AM

understood

machinery_bay

11:13 AM

but it's not helpful in showing the full history on one page where I can see whats happened in full

Jean

11:13 AM

I can guarantee you that the amount that was debited from your PayPal did not include the $xxxx fee.

machinery_bay

11:14 AM

no, I believe you, however there is nowhere to see the consecutive order of charges and refunds

machinery_bay

11:14 AM

and updated invoice forthwith

Jean

11:15 AM

It is how system is designed. eBay will no longer send you another revise invoice once a creidt will happen after the invoice got generated. At the same time, any credits will reflect in your My Account of your eBay account.

machinery_bay

11:16 AM

1. So it is true that the details are scattered about on many pages and to get the full updated picture one has to go from page to page and cross-reference.

Jean

11:16 AM

For the charges and refunds, you can see that under "All Account Activity".

machinery_bay

11:17 AM

Yes thank you. I have seen these pages many times, but still find it difficult to quickly see what has currently been actioned unless I go into paypal and see the charges to date.

Jean

11:18 AM

I really understand your point. Fees are all over My Account Page of your eBay.

Jean

11:18 AM

Would there be anything else I can help for today?

machinery_bay

11:19 AM

No thank you for trying to help shed light on my situation. I hope the system is simplified for ease and clearer single page details in the future.

Jean

11:20 AM

I understand. No worries, I will let our Management know about your feedback, Paul.

Jean

Thanks for using eBay Live Chat! Wish you have a lovely day ahead!

machinery_bay

cheers mate

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Issues with figuring out current invoice totals including credited fees, chaos!

Hello, everyone. Remember interpersonal dispute is not allowed here. To Be Respectful is required by our board usaged policy. Thanks.
Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

Re: Issues with figuring out current invoice totals including credited fees, chaos!

Why does something that worked well before have to continue to become so greed oriented and cram out the seller's liberties?

The simple answer is that greed is a basic part of human nature and it's always been especially bad where ebay is concerned.  I've been saying for 13 years that ebay is doing its best to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

As for your inference that I'm not academically inclined, I had a good laugh at that.  As for amending your tax return to include things that happened in the next tax year, there are very limited circumstances where you can do that.  Mostly it's about when the money was paid (or credited), not when it 'should have' happened. 

Ebay does things the way it suits them and for those of us it doesn't suit, we've learnt to work around it.  While it may be possible for ebay to amend previous invoices, changing one person's invoice would have a flow-on effect, and they've probably decided to keep it simple.  Many sellers would get confused if they issued amended invoices so a simple system probably works best for the majority of sellers.

Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

You might like to address THAT to the OP.

Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

Thanks for your submission. Actually I never mentioned my tax return being the issue. "As for amending your tax return"...

The issue was as you touched on afterwards, the problem that eBay does what it wants when it wants, according to the statistics it needs and requires for it's own "Golden Goose" enterprise. ( I like that analogy)

My only idea was to amend existing invoices when it is within the same cycle so that one can see that a credit was honoured and save inquiries or needing to check on the transaction end of things; and since things are electronically done online now, all that would take is a bit of code that updates the invoice section each time a credit or debit is tallied in your IOU's or otherwise. IT's all connectable nowadays and only requires the foresight and acceptance of the admin to implement, for users sakes.

I mean why not? Web-pages are constantly updated when there is an ammendment. There is little difference but that it is a page with an invoice. If one was emailed out, then the same code could be designed to send an updated version. All in all as long as it isn't fudged at tax time, beyond the tax year, if there must be a rule.

cheers

Message 34 of 34
Latest reply