Issues with figuring out current invoice totals including credited fees, chaos!

December 16, 2018

machinery_bay

10:21 AM

Item 173627924092 was unpaid by buyer and eBay noted I received a final value fee credit. However the fee still appears on the tally in my up-coming Invoice as AU $xxxx

Katherine Genn

10:22 AM

Welcome to eBay AU Chat Support! My name is Katherine. May I please have your full name?

machinery_bay

Paul Lake

Katherine Genn

Hi Paul!

machinery_bay

Gidday

Katherine Genn

10:23 AM

I've read your concern about your final value fee not yet credited back on your invoice.

Katherine Genn

Let me check on this first. Please allow me two minutes to investigate, thanks!

machinery_bay

Yes strange how eBay counts it as cleared but it still appears there on the invoice

machinery_bay

10:24 AM

no probs

Katherine Genn

10:28 AM

Hi Paul, it does show here you just have been credited back last 6th of December.

Katherine Genn

10:29 AM

Let me check further, okay?

machinery_bay

ok

Katherine Genn

Please allow me another two minutes, thanks!

machinery_bay

10:30 AM

I havn't seen any invoiced for December yet so I cant see that credit but it is shown as a charge on Novembers.

machinery_bay

10:30 AM

ll wait...

Katherine Genn

10:31 AM

Yes, it will still change for the December invoice though, but if you want to be sure, we can transfer you to the Billing Department, if you want...

machinery_bay

10:32 AM

1. I would also like to know about another item that was asked to be acncelled by the buyer

machinery_bay

10:33 AM

"Cancelled" 173662502977

machinery_bay

to be sure since I can't see its credit yet

Katherine Genn

Sure thing! Let me check the item number for you.

machinery_bay

10:34 AM

thank you

Katherine Genn

10:37 AM

This one has been credited too.

Katherine Genn

10:37 AM

AUD 117.61 last 14-Dec-2018

machinery_bay

10:38 AM

1. I did try to go through the guide in Cancelling a Transaction. It there says to " Go to My eBay and select the Account tab Select Seller Dashboard, and then Credits Enter the item number into the search box"

machinery_bay

10:39 AM

I found only the Seller Dashboard, after which I cannot fing the "Credits" Button or tab

Katherine Genn

10:41 AM

I see, let me check what you are seeing...

machinery_bay

10:41 AM

ok, I can send a screen shot if needed

Katherine Genn

10:42 AM

It's okay, let me just log-in to your account. Please wait...

machinery_bay

10:43 AM

thx

Katherine Genn

10:45 AM

Hi Paul!

machinery_bay

hey

Katherine Genn

Is this what you are seeing? Current balance: AU $xxxx

machinery_bay

10:46 AM

In the summary page yes I see that...

machinery_bay

10:46 AM

But I can't see any current tally or prospective charges etc

machinery_bay

10:47 AM

or credits as to what will be excluded from the invoice

machinery_bay

10:48 AM

The only credits I see is under the "New activity applied" showing $xxxx

Katherine Genn

10:50 AM

What we could do is ask the Billing Department for further explanation about this. Please allow me less than two minutes to transfer you, thanks!

machinery_bay

10:50 AM

ok thanks

Jean

10:53 AM

Hi! This is Jean from Selling Deparment.

machinery_bay

Hi Jean

Jean

Hi Paul.

Jean

I understand your concern and would be willing to assist you.

Jean

10:54 AM

Let me just check your invoice.

machinery_bay

Thanks. I am finding it hard to see any updated tally's on credits

Jean

Let me give you a link so that we will be on the same page.

Jean

https://my.ebay.com.au/(redacted)

Jean

Please open the link.

machinery_bay

10:55 AM

ok I'm there

Jean

10:55 AM

As what you can see, the amount that was taken out from your PayPal account is $xxxx

Jean

10:56 AM

That means, for the item that was not paid, the fee was already removed from invoice.

machinery_bay

yes though it doesn't show what for

Jean

Please click "Credits".

machinery_bay

and it also sounds like a payment

machinery_bay

10:57 AM

yes I see tha tpage

Jean

You will able to see that the $xxxx was coming from the item Stihl BG86C Blower - Great Condition.

machinery_bay

I see that down the bottom of the page

Jean

10:58 AM

Rest assured that the amount that was debited from your PayPal account did not include the fees for the item that your buyer did not pay.

Jean

Yes, that is correct.

machinery_bay

do you mean I have already been billed for this invoice (Dec?)

Jean

10:59 AM

Yes, for the $20.05

Jean

10:59 AM

You total fee from your November invoice was $xxxx

Jean

11:00 AM

Since you had a buyer that did not pay for the item, instead of $48.25, it was down to $20.05

machinery_bay

11:01 AM

ok, the problem is that when I viewd the current invoice, it does not show the tally as 20.05, it shows $48 roughly

machinery_bay

https://cgi3.ebay.com.au/ws/(redacted)

Jean

Please disregard the invoice. The credit happened after the November generated.

machinery_bay

11:02 AM

Invoice number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx INVOICE 30 November 2018 Total dueAU $48.25

Jean

If the credit will happened after the invoice got generated, eBay will no longer send you another invoice.

Jean

I can see that from here.

machinery_bay

So the invoices don't get updated while the system's tallyo f credits does

Jean

11:03 AM

The credit will automatically reflects in your My eBay Account.

Jean

Yes, correct.

machinery_bay

that is peculiar. If I want to check the actual figures, I usually look at invoices.

machinery_bay

So is there a totals page that shows the actions to date?

Jean

11:05 AM

Yes, there is. It is under "Credits". You will able to see when the credit happened.

Jean

11:05 AM

And for what items.

machinery_bay

11:06 AM

Yes I saw where you guided me to, though to see the total I had to click on "Fees Tab" and the layout is confusing, with no proper itemisation

Jean

11:07 AM

It was in the invoice.

machinery_bay

The part I have difficulty with is always going from pag to page trying to cross-reference where the figures are derived from

Jean

Let me walk you through.

Jean

11:08 AM

https://cgi3.ebay.com.au/ws/(redacted)

Jean

Use that link please.

machinery_bay

got it

Jean

Scroll down and you'll see the breakdown of the fees.

machinery_bay

11:10 AM

I see only a charge for the Stihl BG86C Blower of AU $xxxx , but no refund

machinery_bay

11:11 AM

In addition, I don't see a record of charges or credits for the "Stihl TS 800 Concrete saw/Concrete Cutter 150mm depth (16")"

Jean

11:12 AM

Paul, that invoice you can see was generated before the credit was happened.

machinery_bay

11:12 AM

understood

machinery_bay

11:13 AM

but it's not helpful in showing the full history on one page where I can see whats happened in full

Jean

11:13 AM

I can guarantee you that the amount that was debited from your PayPal did not include the $xxxx fee.

machinery_bay

11:14 AM

no, I believe you, however there is nowhere to see the consecutive order of charges and refunds

machinery_bay

11:14 AM

and updated invoice forthwith

Jean

11:15 AM

It is how system is designed. eBay will no longer send you another revise invoice once a creidt will happen after the invoice got generated. At the same time, any credits will reflect in your My Account of your eBay account.

machinery_bay

11:16 AM

1. So it is true that the details are scattered about on many pages and to get the full updated picture one has to go from page to page and cross-reference.

Jean

11:16 AM

For the charges and refunds, you can see that under "All Account Activity".

machinery_bay

11:17 AM

Yes thank you. I have seen these pages many times, but still find it difficult to quickly see what has currently been actioned unless I go into paypal and see the charges to date.

Jean

11:18 AM

I really understand your point. Fees are all over My Account Page of your eBay.

Jean

11:18 AM

Would there be anything else I can help for today?

machinery_bay

11:19 AM

No thank you for trying to help shed light on my situation. I hope the system is simplified for ease and clearer single page details in the future.

Jean

11:20 AM

I understand. No worries, I will let our Management know about your feedback, Paul.

Jean

Thanks for using eBay Live Chat! Wish you have a lovely day ahead!

machinery_bay

cheers mate

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

I'm...not going to read the full transcript, and there doesn't appear to be a question asked of the forum at all, but...

You can change the sort order of all the listed fees so that they are grouped by type, and fee credits are listed under another tab. It's actually pretty easy to check through if you use those tools. 

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

Sorry, I went to sleep about half way through transcript

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

I got about halfway.

The usual process is that credits are credited to the next invoice. As your invoicing period seems to be 1-end of month, amounts credited in December will not show on your November invoice.

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

OK so I got the point, nobody wants to read that much. The reason I posted it all was to be transparent to show it was actual and happened.

For practicality, here is the relevant sections only, condensed.

Issue:

Chat with eBay Billing Department about difficulty substantiating whether or not they have charged or refunded a non-sale final fee, where it is stated and how to find out if it was followed through on.

machinery_bay

ok, the problem is that when I viewed the current invoice, it does not show the tally as 20.05, it shows $48 roughly.

Invoice number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx INVOICE 30 November 2018 Total dueAU $48.25

Jean

Please disregard the invoice. The credit happened after the November (invoice) generated.

Jean

If the credit will happened after the invoice got generated, eBay will no longer send you another invoice.

The credit will automatically reflects in your My eBay Account.

machinery_bay

So the invoices don't get updated while the system's tally of credits does…

Jean

Yes, correct.

machinery_bay

that is peculiar. If I want to check the actual figures, I usually look at invoice.

So is there a totals page that shows the actions to date?

Jean

Yes, there is. It is under "Credits". You will able to see when the credit happened…. And for what items.

(Not really, the totals for various components are always on separate pages or tabs, and the invoice which should have them all consolidated, as admitted, does not get updated after it is issued)

machinery_bay

Yes I saw where you guided me to, though to see the total I had to click on "Fees Tab" and the layout is confusing, with no proper itemization

Jean

It was in the invoice.

machinery_bay

The part I have difficulty with is always going from page to page trying to cross-reference where the figures are derived from

Jean

(Chat assistant imagines they will improve the situation by showing me what I’ve already known and dealt with for years, ie. That the figures are all over the place and time consuming to consolidate, particularly if the invoice was sent for that month before a credit for a fee was returned, since there isn’t an update on invoiced apparently)

Let me walk you through. https://cgi3.ebay.com.au/ws/(redacted)  Use that link please. Scroll down and you'll see the breakdown of the fees.

machinery_bay

I see only a charge for the Stihl BG86C Blower of AU $xxxx , but no refund.

In addition, I don't see a record of charges or credits for the "Stihl TS 800 Concrete saw”

Jean

In that invoice you can see was generated before the credit was happened.

machinery_bay

Understood, but it's not helpful in showing the full history on one page where I can see what’s happened in full

Jean

I can guarantee you that the amount that was debited from your PayPal did not include the $xxxx fee.

machinery_bay

no, I believe you, however there is nowhere to see the consecutive order of charges and refunds, and updated invoice forthwith (altogether)

Jean

(Admission)

It is how system is designed. eBay will no longer send you another revise invoice once a credit will happen after the invoice got generated. At the same time, any credits will reflect in your My Account of your eBay account….For the charges and refunds, you can see that under "All Account Activity".

machinery_bay

So it is true that the details are scattered about on many pages and to get the full updated picture one has to go from page to page and cross-reference......

Yes thank you. I have seen these pages many times, but still find it difficult to quickly see what has currently been actioned unless I go into paypal and see the charges to date.

Jean (Admission)

I really understand your point. Fees are all over My Account Page of your eBay. Would there be anything else I can help for today?

machinery_bay

No thank you for trying to help shed light on my situation. I hope the system is simplified for ease and clearer single page details in the future.

Jean

I understand. No worries, I will let our Management know about your feedback, M-Bay.

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

Not really related to the problem, however I apologize for the lengthy material. Please see the updated post.
Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

It's not just that it was lengthy - chat transcripts like that are difficult to read and contextualise properly, even if posted in full, and also even when shortened to what one of the participants finds to be the most relevant. Reading through it is like scanning the script of a play looking for a specific quote that stitches the scene together, and never finding it. I'm still not sure what you're looking for from the forum members. 

Re: this particular point, though: Chat with eBay Billing Department about difficulty substantiating whether or not they have charged or refunded a non-sale final fee, where it is stated and how to find out if it was followed through on.

If it's an unpaid item, one of the things you can do to test if they're applied is open your account showing the current outstanding amount. Then open a new tab to access and close the UPI. Once it's closed, it will say "check my fee credit". Click that and it will take you to your account and display the new total. You can switch between tabs and check that the new total is reduced by the appropriate fee credit. It's possible, but a little more difficult, to do that with cancelled transactions. 

Full invoices from eBay list both fee and credit tallies as a single line item, as well as fully itemise them underneath. Even if they put the history there sequentially, those totals wouldn't change and you'd still have to go through every fee charged and every credit provided in order to actually check their math, or you can subtract the credit tally from the fee tally and see if the final invoice amount matches. 

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

I think it is clear that you are missing the point that I made relevant by providing the full evidence of what I brought to the attention of an eBay Billing and accounts inside worker. There is no question that it is not straight forward to figure out certain transaction results as eBay does not combine them on a single page, updated for all transaction scenarios. It DOES make it frustrating to get down to the nitty gritty if one needs to, or even wants to.

I don't mean to slight your comments at all, though I notice that you are definitely a forum junkie by the amount of posts on your record. To have so many under your belt, you'd either have to be obsessed with knowing and commenting on everything, which makes it annoying for those trying to bring to light REAL issues in their respective worlds, or else you'd be working for eBay and backing their system by clouding over all the negatives and being an eternal optimist in order to make those complaining feel silly for even raising a valid problem.

That's often how it goes these days with all the electronic  viral media platforms available and those sponsoring them so as to quell the queries of people who still think and give their critical opinions, and it does no more than help those pulling the strings to tighten the noose more.

Of course, my assertions may not be correct, but I think people will see that I held a valid point and that it wasn't worth just stomping out like a cigarrette butt, in naivity. Besides that, I didn't see a real solution in what you wrote back, other than to still have to gin about looking for the answers.

True freedom means that all intelligible criticism should not be just swept under the carpet.

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

@machinery_bay,

If you didn't mean to slight digital*ghost's comments at all, it might have been better for you to avoid flinging the most common (and false) accusations about. digital*ghost has been a Community member since 2010, and breaking down the total number of posts made in that period equates to roughly 24 posts a week (or a little over 3 posts a day). In that time, digital*ghost has received 7584 kudos for giving helpful answers. I don't call someone who posts even 10 posts a day a forum junkie.

Your true forum junkie posts every 20 minutes or so, except when sleeping or forced to go to Forum Junkie Posters Anonymous. I think you can see that the numbers just aren't adding up. (By the way, digital*ghost is not an annoying poster - au contraire. digital*ghost's posts also address much "realer" issues than the one which concerns you here - but I do realise that the credit/invoice issue is really frustrating you and that it is something which you'd like to see addressed by eBay.

(I'm sorry - but I don't think eBay have this as even a smidgeon of a priority. To give you a quick example of a real and serious issue, I'll just post a link: Thread name ❝"We’ve allowed buyers to make offers to help you sell" NO HELP!!!❞)

Your second "slight" was the old warhorse accusation of "working for eBay". I have been on these forums for quite a shorter period of time than most of the contributors here, but I took the time to read people's posts to gauge what sort of individuals they were - and it's patently obvious that digital*ghost is not "working for eBay" or "an eternal optimist" or "obsessed with knowing and commenting on everything". Providing genuine helpful advice out of years of experience as a seller on eBay has nothing to do with obsession and everything to do with decency. digital*ghost is one of the finest people I know on these boards.

As you realised in your post beginning with "OK so I got the point, nobody wants to read that much.", the reason why you're not getting much of a response is that you posted an entire chat, complete with your welcome with the chat rep, repeated "thx" and "hey!" and eBay's usual "fluff". That is one long piece of transcript!

(And I speak as an acknowledged "writer of scrollers"... quill-g.gif)

You presented a much better post when you cut down that transcript to include only the salient points. happy-dance-party-laie.gif

It's apparent that what you want is a neat presentation where all the information pertaining to a single transaction (FVF credited where sale was either cancelled or refunded) is in a corresponding row... yes? As has been said, it's not presented in that way. It's probably because eBay are swift to act on charging sellers their FVFs, and in the vast majority of cases, those FVFs aren't credited back until the following billing cycle. (Like most companies, I suspect that eBay is slower to act in refunding than in charging.) Also, eBay IT team aren't particularly interested in changing things to make it easier for sellers; rather, they'll spend endless time changing the colour of the eBay logo, throwing new designs for pages that were fine into the mix, studiously ignoring the need to fix the eBay cart function properly, and playing merrily with the eBay app so that things still don't work properly - but in a different colour.

Having the various relevant tabs open and switching between them, as digital*ghost suggested, is probably the best way to provide yourself with the information you want. I think you'll be waiting until Belgium leaves the EU before eBay would even think about changing this.

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Your second "slight" was the old warhorse accusation of "working for eBay". I have been on these forums for quite a shorter period of time than most of the contributors here, but I took the time to read people's posts to gauge what sort of individuals they were - and it's patently obvious that digital*ghost is not "working for eBay" or "an eternal optimist" or "obsessed with knowing and commenting on everything". Providing genuine helpful advice out of years of experience as a seller on eBay has nothing to do with obsession and everything to do with decency. digital*ghost is one of the finest people I know on these boards.

oh stop it you

Spoiler
I suck at responding to compliments, as most people know, but I can't leave them unacknowledged, so thank you. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply