Just got two negative feedbacks for stupid reasons. Can I have them removed?

baau738
Community Member

I'm only a small seller. I sell a handful of items every month on my selling account and my number of feedbacks isn't very high. So imagine my surprise when I logged into Ebay today and saw my feedback rating had not only dropped from 100% to 92%, but Ebay also lowered my performance rating to "Below Average" and sent me a message saying I need to improve my seling performance asap.

Why did this happen? Well, I got two negative feedbacks last night that said:

"Great seller, fast postage, but DVD volume was very quiet" (It's an old B-rated movie from the 70s! The audio quality on such movies isn't always great to begin with. How on earth is that MY fault??)

"Seller posted game quickly. But disappointed it has glitches" (Whaaaaat???? I did not create this video game. I did not glitch test this game. How is it MY fault that the video game has glitches??)

If they were unhappy with the product, I would have happily refunded them. But nope, neither buyer messaged me to inform me they were unhappy with the item. They just...slapped me with negatives. It's not fair 😞

So...is there anything I can do about it? Will ebay remove the feedback if I explain the situation? Or should I message the buyers and ask them to remove the feedback? What should I even say to them?

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Just got two negative feedbacks for stupid reasons. Can I have them removed?

hi,   don't let it get to you;  just keep prodding along.  sometimes it's just not worth stressing about.  just put in your reply in the feedback and move on even if your % is lower.

Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

Re: Just got two negative feedbacks for stupid reasons. Can I have them removed?

To burn and read the disc the laser goes through the base so it's best that there are no scratches on the shiny side (plastic coating that makes up the bulk of the disk). If there are scratches on the top I think you can kiss the data goodby, although I think there are programs to reconstruct the missing data to a limited extent.

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

I eagerly await your learned explanation of where I'm supposedly in error (I'm really looking forward to this).
Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

@howie696 wrote:

Total and utter rubbish, don't post what you don't understand

Bite me. Smiley Indifferent

DVD encoding.jpg.jpeg

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

I think you're basically correct in your comment (not how I would put it though). If you buff too far there would be nothing left.

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

The problem in these forums is that explanations generally need to be understandable by the lowest common denominator, which occasionally means having to oversimplify certain aspects.
Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

so what modulation does the laser use again?

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

Usually frequency modulation. If you're truly interested, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro-optic_modulator

Or better still, enter "DVD laser modulation" into google and read to your heart's content. 🙂
Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

nah not really, just being a smart a**

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

Could it be that the buyer thinks that 'feedback' is the same thing as a 'product review'?

If you buy a book/movie etc from Amazon, you are asked to leave a review.  If you buy something from eBay you are asked to leave feedback.  One is intended to review the product purchased and the other to review the purchasing experience.  Although I think it is pretty dumb to confuse the two, I can see that it could be done.  

I think the best remedy - if you can't convince eBay to remove it because it is not review of the purchasing experience - is to reply to the feedback in such a way to make it clear to other prospective buyers exactly what the buyer has done.  

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply